iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best wishes to you all

Started by lyle niemi, October 29, 2012, 08:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

On the east coast. Ijust watched the news last night and the storm thats coming your way doesnt look good. Remember keep them mills out of harms way..lol

Rando

Steadier wind now than this morning when I went out. A bit misty also.
As ready as I'll ever be I guess.
I own a small tree/landscaping business. Might get some money out of this if I'm able to get out.
Sounds like a mess that's for sure.

davey duck

this morning it is a little windy,still coming out of the northwest ,but will soon change.Its kind of funny I just bought a piece of equipment on Staten Island Thursday,Hope it survives the flooding.
David G.Fleming

york

Well David,i have about the same weather as you-what did you buy now??
Albert
Albert

thecfarm

It will be interesting. I'm about 2-3 hours inland. We will have to wait to see what happens. Just about to watch the news for the latest report.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SAWMILL BUDDY

I've been set up next to the Potomac river the past two weeks. Needless to say I pulled the mill out this morning.

Too Big To Fail

Hopefully it won't be as bad as they say.  We just recently got all cleaned up from Irene last year.  That one knocked out our power for 8 days- it will be a bit chillier bathing in the pond if that happens this time around! :-\  Irene was my excuse to buy my mill- maybe Sandy will blow some portable work my way.  Fortunately we are in a position to make lemonade from this kind of lemon.  Rain just started about an hour ago, here in the mid hudson valley.  I hope my lumber piles don't blow away!

dgdrls

no big tree's around my little 10, it's wrapped up for now.
Mill foreman has moved to drier accommodations inside the garage

DGDrls

Full Circle

The wind is whipping.
The lights are flickering.
The rain, blowing sideways and stings.

But the wood stove is lit.
Family's healthy and fit.
So we'll wait, see what morning light brings.

Thanks for the good wishes.  Not too bad here in Mid-Hudson region of NY yet.  Especially when compared to what others are experiencing.
-Roy

fullcirclefarmandforest.com

terrifictimbersllc

Gusts shaking the house every few minutes, clouds blowing over a full moon, coyotes howling.  Neighbor across has cherry tree blown over. Power out since 3.  See what morning brings if no crashes in the night. About 100 ft above the sea happy to say.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

drobertson

My Prayers are with all you folks on the east coast. Storms are rough, been there, and don't much like it,  take care, and bring it through.   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Meadows Miller

Gday

I hope everyone and their familys stay safe though this it looks pretty bloody rough from what i have seen on the news  :o :) :)

Best Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

customsawyer

Keep your head down and your chin up guys.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

GDinMaine

The storm is just hitting us now.  Raining like mad and the house gets shaken by the wind now and then.  Not too bad.  Certainly nothing like the folks got South of us.  Power went out for a while, so we had a great family evening by candlelight.  When we have a power outage we always make it an olden-days evening.  Sit around the kitchen table (or the stove in the winter) and talk about things by candle and kerosene lantern light.  My son loves it and so do my wife and I. 

The good thing about this particular storm is that it's about 60F outside.
Stay safe!!!
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Thank You Sponsors!