iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the beginning

Started by bigred1951, April 16, 2018, 11:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred1951

Well I been meaning to quit smoking so on Saturday I finished the 3 cigarettes in the pack I had and haven't had one since. I've been smoking since I was about 13 or 14 and I'm getting ready to turn 27 in June. Usually was smoking between 1 to 2 packs a day. The dr give me a script for the patches. They seem to be working. I also have one of them vapor things I've had for a long time. So far I haven't had any cravings for one and it's not the habit. But I just miss it. I miss the taste and the smell. Not craving one but I miss the taste. Hopefully I can kick them and not go back. Never tried to quit before.

51cub

I think you'll do fine! I'll admit that after so long, they can still smell good sometimes. The hardest part for me was remembering to not ask for a pack when I put my coffee on the counter at the gas station. Once I got past that, the rest was easy, and I'm not kidding you. I can also say that when I hear the price when somebody else buys them, it's even easier!
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Raider Bill

Hang in there!
I had to quit drinking beer in order to quit smoking. Just couldn't not smoke and drink.
Worry not though, once I was stable on the no smoking I took beer up again. :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

thecfarm

Keep at it. If you don't succeed,try again and again. I don't want to say it took me a 1000 times,but.....
I never quit for more than 24 hours. Than one day I got past the 24 hour part and I did it. I still miss them DanG things. But stand in a line and smell a smoker in front of you.  ::)  :o  fudd-smiley dadgum you, Charlie! Them things stink. And yes the price now!!!!!!    :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BradMarks

You'll know you've quit for good when: the cigarette smell on peoples clothes who smoke, doesn't smell good at all.

Savannahdan

Hang in there, bigred1951.  I gave up cigarettes about 9 months before I got out of the Navy. I had quit before that for about a year each time but this time I  was determined not to ever smoke again.  That's been over 50 years ago.  I got over the missing thing quickly and can't stand being around smoke at this time.  I just had the Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm scan and things look good.  Check it out and that alone should convince one to give up smoking. 
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

What ever you do DO NOT smoke with a patch on!

My neighbor did and his heart went irregular.

Scared the  smiley_devil_trident out of him.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

bigred1951

I did smoke the last couple of cigarettes I had while wearing a patch the first day. It didn't bother me any though. Now I'm using one of them vape electronic cigarettes. Will probably use it while wearing the patch for the first week or so then go to just the patch. A guy told me yesterday one time he put two patches on and got nicotine poisoning. Said it like to killed him. But so far still haven't had a smoke since Saturday.

51cub

I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Idiocrates

Hang in there.....tobacco can be overcome.  I started chewing tobacco when I was just out of elementary school.....like 12 yeas old.  I continued to chew for 35 years and only let up for a couple of five year stints when I chewed less but smoked more.  I kid you not, the tobacco monster had me big time.  Then six years ago I had a scare with pancreatitis and they had to put me into an induced coma so they could treat that plus a case of pneumonia that came along with it.  They kept be out for three weeks after which I decided to totally gave up tobacco in all forms and I've been off it ever since.  I don't miss it one bit, the smell now makes me sick and with all the money I've saved I've been able to develop a really bad habit.....called saw milling!!!  Good luck.....you can do it!!!
James

Thank You Sponsors!