iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Getting help

Started by sandhills, March 26, 2018, 09:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

Thank you everyone, everything you all said is spot on.  I just got done this morning and made it home finally, very happy to be back.  I was there just short of a month, what an eye opener!  Sadly I'm afraid my case is pretty minor compared to a lot of what I saw while I was there, I've never used any drugs so I really got an education on that side of addiction.  The staff and chaplins were all great but more importantly the friendship and support among all the patients along with the local AA club was amazing, it was a real eye opener for me.  I don't know what they gave me in Iowa when I had my seizure but I lost about 3 days there and came back with no desire to drink, no cravings, nothing, but like a broken record I heard my story told time and again by numerous people, a relapse is a relapse.  I met a lot of very nice people, learned a great deal from each one, and tried to really be honest with myself and them.  So now the hard part starts outside of the "safe place" but I know I have terrific support and I'm stubborn enough to do it one day at a time, or hour, or minute.  On a lighter note a blizzard came through the weekend after Easter knocking the power out for about 9 hrs., so you put 40 cold addicts in one dining hall, most of which are going through withdrawls, that really makes for a fun, cold breakfast :)

Chuck White

Welcome back, Pat, and thanks for the update!

Glad to hear you're doing well, and you are to be congratulated on your success!

You got through the hard part, now you just continually remind yourself that you don't need it!

Good luck to you, my friend, I'm sure your bride has a good shoulder to lean on when needed!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

51cub

Chuck said all the things I'm thinking better than I can say them. Thanks for letting us know how you're making out!
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

red

One day at a Time .  Use your strength, knowledge,  and life experiences to get you thru tough times.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Magicman

Welcome Home my Friend.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Glad to hear from you!!!  Mighty glad!!!   You will do fine.  I am thinking of you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

Say when

Ed_K

Praying you keep it up. You can do it I did 19 yrs sober.
Ed K

justallan1

Glad to see you back Pat.
Quite the eye opener, wasn't it?
As good as it is to have a lady and family to lean on and talk to, keep in mind that at times it could be easier to talk to a complete stranger that has walked in your shoes. Holler if you need to talk.

One of the bigger things that kept me busy during the winter months after I quit was this site. I'd quit in august, bought my first mill about Christmas time and then found this site and I'm pretty sure I put in some serious hours reading through things. I say this because along with there being a bunch of us that have been there, this site is a great distraction from the everyday world and something we understand and can be a part of that doesn't require a drink.

Runningalucas

With every new day, it brings new life; new beginnings; yesterday is over.  The future for any of us is only what we individually make for ourselves; make no mistake, life is about the fight.
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

sandhills

One thing I heard there that I really liked (and will probably get the wording wrong) was "yesterday is the past, forget it, tomorrow is the future, you have no control over it, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present".  That really can pertain to a lot of situations I guess.  Thanks again for all the kind words everyone.

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

luvmexfood

Hang in there. Just avoid anyone that encourages you to drink. That's one problem I had. Quit twice and was doing good till I was with this person. She encouraged me to drink and I did. 
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

coxy

hope everything is going good for you and the family keep your nose to the grid stone i know its been said before but if you need someone to complain to call don't matter what time of day or night  call   beat of luck to you 

sandhills

Going good, 37 days so far and no complaints here other I have had a few dreams I relapsed, those stink.  It's weird how real they can seem and how bad you feel when you wake up  ::).

LeeB

Surely it doesn't compare, but I've had dreams about eating sweets and other high carb foods that i no longer eat. Even in the dreams I knew this was the wrong thing to do and was flabbergasted that I was doing it. Your doing great. 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

thecfarm

Yes,you are doing great!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Still thinking, and pulling for you Pat!

You're doing good!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

My continual prayers are with you my Friend. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doctorb

Good for you!  Way to go!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

goose63

Keep pluging away Pat you are doing good 

If you need some one to talk to give me a shout I ain't that far north of you
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!