iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It may be the end, it may be a new beginning.

Started by Engineer, February 22, 2010, 07:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitotshock

Wow,

Aren't the people here great? Offers from everyone to come sawing is just amazing.

Engineer, I can see that this piece of equipment was more than just some 'stuff' to you but a way to fill your time with an intriguing hobby that shows the fruits of your labour. I am going to make a prediction that someday, when everything levels out for you, a mill of some sort will be back in your life somehow.

I hope the best in your next adventure, and I hope that you will share your finds with all of us.

Stihl MS361, Makita DCS340

Engineer

Thanks for all the kind remarks, my friends.  I may take one or two of you up on your offers to share in the sawing at your own mills.  However, I think it's time I started reducing the lumber piles I've made, start putting my woodshop to good use and building some furniture and other things for the house.  My oldest son wants to try maple sugaring this year (hurry up, it's almost March! he sez), the two youngest want chickens, and I need to put in a vegetable garden.  So, the time was right - I've already got too much to do.   ;D

vahighlander

Good luck to you!  Im new to the forum but I can sympathize with you.  I owned a WM Super HD40 from 1999 to 2003 and loved sawing got, good at it, then burned out for various reason (trying to do too much too fast)- But I had a pretty good little side business custom sawing and salvaging antique wood.  Then I sold my mill-  it never leaves your blood!  Now I'm getting ready to buy my second mill (a little less bells and whistles)  and I'm probably more excited than the first go round- because I've been there and done that and Im more informed and know the satisfaction that comes with that fresh sawdust.  You will probably be back to sawing someday- and it will be even better then!!   My first post!  Whew.....
WM LT35HD, Stihl saws, Kubota M5700, Massey Ferguson 2750e, Wallenstein FX65Winch, Woodland Mills WC88 chipper

Thank You Sponsors!