iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Big Thank You, and My Build

Started by Jturning, October 14, 2021, 05:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jturning

First time posting but a long time lurker. 
I just want to thank all of the people of this forum for the wealth of information.  I was able to build my dream with your help!  My mill is a based off the the "Old Man Mill" on youtube, some of Cooks and other designs.  I made it semi-mobile-I take the axle off so it is easier to load logs.  I designed it to quartersaw red oak.  Here are some pictures.

First cuts, I made some stickers

I had to paint it to match my truck 

quartersawing a 22in Red Oak

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Vautour

from start to finish in one post ... now that's fast.... nice work and craftsmanship thumbs up. thumbs-up
the Gospel is WANTED by the people in 52 Countries but made illegal by their Government

Hilltop366

Nice!

Welcome and thanks for sharing.

fluidpowerpro

That looks great. Congrats on your success. If your like me it wont be long that you will be tweaking things and deciding which modification you want to do first.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

fluidpowerpro

What did you use for a drive motor on the travel function (not raise-lower)
Does it work well?
I'm thinking of adding that to my saw someday.
Change is hard....

Jturning

I used a 56 rpm 1/5hp 12v gear motor from automation direct part number  
MTGP-P20-1J056
works very well with a 20 tooth sprocket for #40 chain.  Used a cheap $15 eBay dc speed controller.

fluidpowerpro

Change is hard....

RAYAR

mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (430,000 Km)

thecfarm

That is a nice looking mill.
Now all you need is a Logrite cantdog or a peavey to help turn those logs. Sponsor on the left, nice people.  logrite_cool
Have fun sawing!!
What's the plan for all the lumber?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jturning

I have to big Logrite in the picture and just received the mill version Tuesday.  I make furniture and cabinets, also just wanted to mill my own lumber.  Was going to build a large garage (plan on making my own siding) at my cabin but the excavator contractor never showed up and kept playing games with me all summer,  kept saying he would be there in 2 weeks.  Well the summer is over and now I am looking for a new contractor, and will have to pay more for concrete next year.

Nebraska

Crusarius

That came out really nice. color scheme is nice to :)

thecfarm

Missed the yellow one in the picture. Internet was real bad this morning, not much better now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!