iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Portable sawmills in Morris County, NJ area

Started by Michael Colville, November 05, 2012, 03:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Colville

I am interested in having some storm damaged trees milled and would like to find some portable sawmill operators in northern NJ to get quotes from.  The trees include a large red oak, a beech, and a tulip poplar.  I would also like information on the general costs to have a portable sawmill come to the site.  These trees are long and straight, and vary from about 16" to 30" in diameter, so I think they would make good lumber for woodworking.

Thanks

drobertson

Hi Michael, sorry to here about all of the troubles you folks have dealt with.  I am too far away to be of any help at all, however, reading your post got me to thinking.  There are many folks with blown down trees, and the time, and travel cost to evaluate each one would be staggering.  I thought if you guys with down timber could get an accurate talley on what is laying, including quality, and the such, it might  help on getting someone to take a closer look.  Not sure if this was to be used for your own use, and really it would be a great way to keep the heritage of the event in a positive way.  The forum has a tool bar that enables many functions on log calculations, and boardfootage. Just a thought, I know the work ahead of you folks, having gone through  and F-2, on our place.  Just devastating,    David
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Solomon

I would suggest that you might run an ad in your local trading paper.  In my area we have tha "Trading Post" Vermont has the "Penny Saver"  ,  Im sure you may have one in your area.   Craigs List is a powerful tool for just such a need as yours as well.  Good luck and welcome to the Forum.  You will own a mill of your own before you know it!!!     Pete Chesapeake, Virginia.
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

Nomad

Michael, check the "Find-A-Database" at the top of the page.  There are several portable sawyers listed in New Jersey.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Too Big To Fail

I'm about 2 hours away.  A bit of a haul, but feel free to PM me (although I'm not exactly sure how that works, I can figure it out) for more information.

Thank You Sponsors!