iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ribs

Started by caveman, October 14, 2015, 09:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

All I know is I have a serious gum bumping spasm going on now,, so thanks,,HAA HAA :D  I reckon another rack is due to one of those treatments this day,, nice work you have going on for those young students,  lots of memories to be made by these guys,, and that smoke won't hurt refreshing their memories either,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandhills

You make me want to go back to highschool and be in your class  :D.  You have some very lucky students!

sawguy21

That is one serious grill, I like it. I just might have to grill some ribs for dinner, those sure look good.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

caveman

I went in to work a little earlier than usual this morning.  I arrived at 5:15 am, usually I get there around 6.  I loaded and unloaded 306 slabs of ribs today.  The students sold them to help pay for a trip for the four students who will be competing in the national FFA Veterinary Science CDE next month.  No pictures... my phone will not tolerate any more until I delete some.  We have had positive feedback and  the best guess is that the FFA chapter profited $3400 today.  We used my big grill, Global Warming II and a good friend's, Global warming.  It took three rotations on mine and two on his to get them all done.  We had good help wrapping them and distributing them.  I had the easy job- trim, put them on and take them off.
Caveman

thecfarm

You are a Good Man caveman.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

caveman

Ray, I was just good and tired last night.  

In about two weeks we will grill some of the trimmings and brisket bones for all of the students who have joined FFA as an incentive to do so before we have to submit our chapter's roster to the state association.
Caveman

SawyerTed

It is awesome you are giving your students these opportunities to lead, manage, and participate in these projects.  You have my respect because we both know you don't get extra pay for the extra hours.  It is just what great advisors do for our student organizations and for our students.  It is a selfless endeavor - I've been there.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

WDH

Kyle has had a HUGE impact on many student lives.  He is a true Hero in my book. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

caveman

Thank you men.  I am not a hero or a great man (mediocre at best) but I do enjoy seeing young people reach their potential.  On several occasions I have told folks, "no bucks, no Buck Rogers".  We will figure out how to pay for opportunities for deserving students.  A few years ago, while at the other school (in a much lower socio-economic part of the county) we spent over $62,000 dollars on FFA members from our FFA alumni account.  We did a lot of fund raising that year  to pay for trips, awards, scholarships, etc.

We had a good time cooking.  Alumni members showed up to help wrap the slabs.  Students counted, bagged and delivered them.  Days like those are some of the most memorable for the students.   
Caveman

caveman

It is that time of the year again.  This year we are raising money to help the ag mechanics team from Florida pay for their trip to the National FFA Convention/contest next month.  The students pre-sold even more ribs than last year.  We trimmed somewhere around 350 slabs this morning.  The students were packing the trimmed ribs back into the bags to) were put into others. 

The riblets are what we feed the students as incentives to join FFA or pass industry certification tests.Tomorrow morning, they will be loaded on Global Warming and GWII.  If I am going to keep cooking ribs on my big grill, I need to add more racks.  Without packing them too tight, I can only get about 74 slabs on it at once.  With another rack or two we could probably get over 100.  

The pallet was loaded into my truck at the meat market.  The precariously leaning stack would not have made one more speed bump without dumping.  

Caveman

WDH

Some lucky motorist was one speed bump away from a whack of rib dinners :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

caveman

We have all 350 slabs off of the grills and folks have been picking them up since around 11 this morning.  
Caveman

CCCLLC

I believe I can smell it from here. That has got to be a popular hangout today. Riblets, MMM!

caveman

I only took one picture today.  We were pretty busy.  A few of the folks did not come by to pick up their slabs so my two younger daughters and I ate a slab and a half for supper.

Caveman

WDH

That is the price of being the chef.

caveman

I have not done ribs in about a year and a half. I hope I remember how to not mess them up. These will come off in in about 1.5 hours. 

Caveman

sawguy21

DanG! I won't make it for dinner. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

caveman

They are gone and weren't too bad.  I gave a few slabs away to some of the tree services that provide us with logs from time to time.  We often refer customers to them but hopefully a little pork will keep good logs coming our way.

I ate ribs for lunch several days the following week and we had the remaining two slabs for Sunday supper the next weekend.  They were accompanied with fresh blackeyes, squash casserole, cornbread, baked apples and Bluebell ice cream.  
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!