iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's for dinner?

Started by 4x4American, June 25, 2017, 07:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPatton

;D ;D ;D If the shoe fits......guilty as charged MM.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mike_belben

What.. Howd this thread die?  Yallr slackin

Tonight its cornbread and pinto beans with some pig and onion in it.

Praise The Lord

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

I went to the store last night to get milk and a couple of NY Strips also followed me home.

So today for lunch I tried out my Christmas Weber Grill.  food3
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Raider Bill

Quote from: Magicman on January 09, 2021, 02:20:58 PM
I went to the store last night to get milk and a couple of NY Strips also followed me home.

So today for lunch I tried out my Christmas Weber Grill.  food3
Weber Kettle?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

No, a WeberSpirit II E-310 3-Burner, LP.

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

caveman

4x4 is back.  Maybe he'll post some pics of some good eats.  
Caveman

4x4American

Quote from: caveman on August 10, 2021, 05:34:59 AM
4x4 is back.  Maybe he'll post some pics of some good eats.  
lol lol I totally could but I completely forgot how to get pictures onto here.  Has that system changed, is it easier now?
Boy, back in my day..

69bronco

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

Marinated and grilled chicken breast, bbeans, rice-a-roni, and fresh baked/buttered biscuits.....

from her favorite cast iron biscuit 'cooker'. 

Lynwoo

Quote from: Magicman on August 23, 2021, 06:55:18 PM

Marinated and grilled chicken breast, bbeans, rice-a-roni, and fresh baked/buttered biscuits.....

from her favorite cast iron biscuit 'cooker'.
Good looking groceries.  That will get you across the road.

sawguy21

I'll pass on the liver thank you very much but I luvs dem biscuits 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

21incher

Marinated grilled pork tenderloin, fresh picked rainbow chard, and fresh dug potatoes with parsley and butter.

Couldn't believe tenderloins were the cheapest meat in Costco at $2.49 a pound where ribs were 5.69 a pound and hamburger $3.59 a pound.

First batch of sauerkraut is done fermenting so time to break out the dogs. A little fresh dug potato salad , home made zucchini relish and beans with a plate of tomatoes, cukes, home made mozzarella, fresh basil, and aged balsamic vinegar.

Enjoy ing the garden  digin1 digin1 digin1
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

newoodguy78

I'd eat at your table anytime  :D
That all looks delicious 

sawguy21

You eat rather well! 8) I have seen pork tenderloin at under two dollars a pound Canadian, it is a real bargain and one of my favourite meats.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

Same here as to the pork tenderloin.  Very low cost but high quality meat.   So tender.  When brined and then rubbed with a little oil and your favorite rub, it is easy to cook perfectly in my air fryer in less than 8 minutes to 140 degrees flipping once during cooking.  Fast and delicious.   Mr. 21, those potatoes have to be the perfect accompaniment, Sir. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

21incher

Those tenderloins melt in your mouth. We use a soy based marinade with lots of garlic. Picked up 6 double packs so still have 10 left in the freezer. As you say WDH 140 is the perfect temp to keep them moist and tender. We also do them in the instant pot with sauerkraut, onions, and apples. Nothing like fresh dug potatoes that are sweet as the sugars take a while to turn to starch. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

21incher

Some more of the same garden veggies and a MEATLESS Beyond burger on the grill with some A1 sauce to make it look like meat. Never had one before and it actually surprised me. Tasted like and had the texture of a juicy burger. If they didn't cost twice as much as beef I probably would buy them again.

Does anyone else eat dinner?

mike_belben

Not nearly as good as you do!  
Praise The Lord

Magicman

I did but I posted it in the Hurricane Ida Topic:  LINK

Magicman

PatD and I have been at the Cabin since Wednesday bushhoging, mowing, replacing post under the Strawhouse and whatever else needed doing.  Actually working our butt logs off.

Grilled Pork Chop, rice e/w gravy, & her skillet of biscuits.

Shrimp, grilled potatoes, corn, biscuit, & peaches e/w cookies.  This was served on Pfaltzgraff tableware that we bought in 1963 shortly after we were married.

It was also good warmed up for another meal. 

Life at the Cabin is always good.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!