iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Doug Fir Crotch

Started by BCsaw, December 28, 2014, 08:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCsaw

I had a small doug fir cut down on a power line right of way on my property this summer. I had them leave it so I could saw it. They looked at me like I was from mars! I will find a place for this in the new house when it is built! ;D ;D

Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

Dave Shepard

Looks a lot like some larch I sawed this spring.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

If you were from Arizona I would say that it was a cactus tree.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

BCsaw

Maybe we could use it as a sling shot to deliver sandwiches from the kitchen to the living room!! :D :D

highleadtimber16

That's sure a neat piece! What part of BC are you in?
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

BCsaw

Highlead, I am north of Kamloops.

Ljohnsaw

That would be kind of neat to incorporate into a custom panel door.  A window could be set in the crotch.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

hunz

B.C. huh,
  I stayed in Whistler back in 2008 and made an attempt at skiing. I found out pretty quick that it was no place for a beginner. Things may have went a little better if I had those 2 boards for skis....they look a whole lot more stable than the ones I used!

You may be onto a new patent idea there :)
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

WDH

Paul Bunyan sized slingshots  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Slingshot

sling_shot   sling_shot   sling_shot   sling_shot  sling_shot   sling_shot

Ocklawahaboy

Use them to frame the ends of your kitchen island or breakfast bar.  you can hang coffee cups or whats-its from the forks

Thank You Sponsors!