iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I give up....

Started by bmill, February 23, 2009, 11:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmill

I thought by now somebody would ask what the numbers on the bottom of my posts refer to. I will send a large bag of hopi blue corn seeds (whether you want them or not) to the first person who identifies the proper name for this sequence of numbers.

p.s. Scott, I sent the seeds you asked for 3 months ago today.  (Again, sorry for the late shipment.You should have them by the weekend.)
1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 21 - 34 - 55 - 89 - 144 - 233 - 377 - 610 - 987 - 1597 - 2584    Kubota L3400, Loader, Backhoe, 3 point tiller, Stihl MS 390, Very hard working wife!

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

bmill

Wow,.......that was fast!  Send me your address and I will send you a large bag of Hopi Blue Corn Seed. This is my own selective breed and I'm pretty danG proud of it.
1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 21 - 34 - 55 - 89 - 144 - 233 - 377 - 610 - 987 - 1597 - 2584    Kubota L3400, Loader, Backhoe, 3 point tiller, Stihl MS 390, Very hard working wife!

Radar67

PM sent.

How did you end up breeding corn?

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

DanG

Well shucks!  I didn't even have a chance!  Oh well, I didn't know the answer anyway. ::) :D :D  I did idly ponder about the significance of those numbers, but couldn't put anything together on it.  I'm more interested to learn what cockpit you're occupying in your avatar. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Radar67

bmill

That picture was taken in my most recent plane, the KC-135, over the North Atlantic on the way to Turkey.  Prior to this plane I have over a thousand hours in both the A-7 and F-16. As the song goes "Life's been good to me so far". When you think about it, military pilots are really just heavy equipment operators who don't want to wear a tie to work any more than you do. .We have more in common with the folks on this forum than most of you would ever imagine.  

I got into growing Blue Corn because my tillable ground is very difficult to access. I needed to grow something unique and Blue Corn fit the bill. I'm selling it at my local Hy Vee and doing ok. I always enjoy doing something "a bit different".

I've got tons of Burr Oak on my land, but I'm going to plant Red Elm (slippery elm) on a few acres this spring, there seems to be a market for the herbal qualities of this tree.

Sprucegum

I knew it all the time - just couldn't spell Fib-o-not-chee  :-X   :D

bmill

If you need some Blue  Corn Spruce, send me a message and I'll mail you some. I am among the ranks of spelling challenged.  whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smiley

DanG

I thought that might have been a 135, but wasn't sure.  I bored a few holes in the sky in Uncle Sugar's toys back in the day.  All my airplanes had them little twirley things on the top. ;)

I saw some pics the other day of some F-100s and F-4s getting a drink from a modified B-29.  That must have been a trick, don't ya think? :o :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Radar67

Here is an interesting link that ties the Fibonacci numbers to nature. It will make you look at things differently from here on out.  :)

http://www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/R.Knott/Fibonacci/fibnat.html

asy

I worked that out the week you put it up  :P

No worries there. Pretty easy...    ;D

Pity, I don't qualify for any corn seed, as ya can't bring it in here, I don't think :(

L.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

zopi

Ya know how ya can tell there's a fighter pilot at the party?

He'll tell ya.

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

VT

bmill

Zopi,

I never knew how true your statement was until I started flying big airplanes!  :D 

DanG my hat's off to you.  Those little things where the wing is on top, and moves, scare the bejeebers out of me. To this day I don't like riding in them. I really hate it when they hover. I always think they're going to fall right out from underneath me. :o

Sprucegum

What's Blue Corn?

How long is the growing season? I might get 75-80 frost free days here.

DanG

We were all young and foolish at one time, Bmill.  Most of us got over it in time. ;D :D  These days, I keep my feet firmly on the ground and keep a wary eye out for things falling from the sky. ;)

isawlogs

Quote from: bmill on February 24, 2009, 12:03:14 AM
If you need some Blue  Corn Spruce, send me a message and I'll mail you some. I am among the ranks of spelling challengedwhiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smiley

Not to take anything away from you , but that partis all mine . But I can share wit ya . !!! ;D :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

asy

Marcel, you misunderstood...

bmill said he was AMONGS THE RANKS of the spelling challenged.

You, on the other hand are not amongst "the ranks", you are, at very least, a Lieutenant General.

It's a good thing we all luv ya, so we extrapolate your spelling and usually make do.

I've said it before, though, your English is a GOOD SIGHT better than my French!!!    :D :-X :o

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

ID4ster

Actually I'd like to buy some of your blue corn seed. I had recognized the sequence right off the bat but had forgotten the name. As for riding in choppers I love them. My first ride was going to a fire down on the Salmon river here in Idaho. We were cruising over the Camas prairie at a couple hundred feet and when we went over the edge of the Salmon river canyon the ground just dropped out from under us by a couple thousand feet. It was SOOOOO cool!!! I loved it. We had a few more adventures in choppers that summer also that were great.
Did you ever fly out of Mountain Home or be refueled by the tanker wing out of Fairchild?     
Bob Hassoldt
Seven Ridges Forestry
Kendrick, Idaho
Want to improve your woodlot the fastest way? Start thinning, believe me it needs it.

isawlogs

Asy
     I thought I was do real good , as its been a while since anybody sent me a PM telling me how good I was at making my own dictinary as I wrote . I am real happy at the thought of being top of the line for something yet at my age .  8) 8) :P   :-* 

Marcel  da proof reader Lieutenant General
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Warbird

Quote from: Radar67 on February 24, 2009, 01:00:33 AM
Here is an interesting link that ties the Fibonacci numbers to nature. It will make you look at things differently from here on out.  :)

http://www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/R.Knott/Fibonacci/fibnat.html

I particularly like reading about the Golden Ratio.  Haven't studied this stuff in years.  Almost forgot it.

Jodi

I like the note at the bottom of the link, because it tells us that the answer to "life, the universe, and everything"......is 42.  :)

Don_Papenburg

I just thought that it was the formula for figureing the National debt on a dayly  basis.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Thank You Sponsors!