iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS 400

Started by ehp, January 01, 2021, 06:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehp

anybody ever run one of these new saws , Looks pretty good from what I see online, if its ends up anything like how I got a 500i all you guys will have one before I do lol

Woodfarmer

I was hoping they would have an arctic version, but apparently not.

sawguy21

They probably will if the current model is well received. I wonder if the price point will bite into MS460 sales or be an attractive alternative to the 362. Magnesium piston :o This thing should scream!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ehp

everything Stihl is coming out with is not cheap on their pro saws, I'm sure were talking close to 2 years before we see it , sorry , before I see it lol

SwampDonkey

Husqvarna is no cheap alternative, over $1700 bucks for FX550 with tax. Stihl 560 ain't no cheaper. Was $1200, 2 years ago. The talking head in Ottawa said no price gouging during pandemic. Wanna bet? Ain't going to stand up to his words neither, guarantee it.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ehp

So far here husky is cheaper than stihl on chainsaws but I'm sure they will close that gap fast 

SwampDonkey

Dealer owns both local shops here. Different company name over the doors, same owner. He can't get insured either, too many break ins. Sign by desk, not responsible for your stuff left here over night. ;D

Used to be $200 difference on clearing saws, not now. And Stihl is a tougher saw.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ehp

I will see but when one shows up I most likely will try one 

ehp

woodfarmer I have 3 or 4 462 arctics and they work ok, I have not seen a 500i arctic yet but I'm sure they will becoming . I think I'm going to phone my dealer tomorrow and order a ms400 , we should take a survey , I will never see it, everyone else will get one before me like the 500i , told its not coming to my part of ontario lol

ehp

So I ordered a MS400 last week , guy that works for stihl says never heard of one BUT didnot say there is no such saw so we will see if anything shows up in the next 2 years

ehp

dealer already has a 881 so maybe the 400 will show up sooner than I was thinking in Ontario

Skeans1

Quote from: ehp on January 04, 2021, 08:20:03 PM
woodfarmer I have 3 or 4 462 arctics and they work ok, I have not seen a 500i arctic yet but I'm sure they will becoming . I think I'm going to phone my dealer tomorrow and order a ms400 , we should take a survey , I will never see it, everyone else will get one before me like the 500i , told its not coming to my part of ontario lol
On the 500i the generator is under the flywheel just like the generator for the heated handles would be. I don't think you'll be see an artic version of the saw could be wrong but where are they going to pull the juice from?

ehp

Not sure how much call for a 500i arctic anyways but I would buy one . The new 462 arctic I got last week works good but handles are not that warm but you can feel heat threw your gloves just not alot

Cruiser_79

I think they are available in Europe, there is a price on the stihl website already. Price is €100,- more than a 362.

ehp

I heard they may show up in a month or so south of the border . I donot need one but when has that ever stopped me lol

ehp

well got a MS 400 today , will put it to work here shortly and see how it does

Tacotodd

What does the displacement end up being? I'm not sure if it's going to be THE one.
Trying harder everyday.

ehp

67cc I think , its replacing the 362 

ehp

put a couple tanks threw it today , it seems to handle the 20 inch bar setup quite well and is pretty good on fuel , muffler started turning purple in the first tank as I was pushing on it abit but it liked it and ran well, once I get 20 tanks on it then I should know what I got , it is like running a real good 361 but with more torque so it has more power but its light to carry

lxskllr

How does it compare with the 462? Seems awfully close in size and capability.

ehp

have to put some tanks thru it and see but at this point the 462 is faster as it should be 

snobdds

I'll be watching for your updates.  I love my 361, my first saw,  way back when.  It's a good size for what I cut and just can't like the 362.  Hopefully your testing proves successful. 

ehp

I need to put some time on it , Once I get a good week run time on it we will see  but so far I like it and I feel it will make a very nice climbing saw , its light and very smooth to run. Compression is starting to climb so thats a good sign as it didnot have much compression at the start

ehp

its better than a 362 in my books and not by a little bit 

ehp

its still getting better and works pretty nice , sure is smooth . I was hoping to test it against my old 362 but Pete sold it so it will be against a 462

Thank You Sponsors!