Is this Live Oak?

Started by Pepe_Silvia, October 16, 2021, 05:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pepe_Silvia

Woodmizer LT15Wide GO, John Deere 318D Skid Steer

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Pepe_Silvia

Aw man, first California sent all their people and now they're sending their trees too??
Woodmizer LT15Wide GO, John Deere 318D Skid Steer

WV Sawmiller

Leaves look to long for live oak from what I remember. I also don't remember the lobes on LO. Then again, I am only familiar with Southern Live oak.
Quercus virginiana - Wikipedia
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ianab

There are about 20 species of "Live Oak" native to Nth America. Southern Live Oak is probably the best known.  It's likely one of the other 19 species.  :D  I don't know enough about Oaks to tell you which one.

Edit: As a guess, Arizona White Oak? It does grow in parts of Texas, and gets planted as an ornamental. But that's only a guess. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

customsawyer

My first guess looking at the leaves is holly. Probably wrong.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

firefighter ontheside

There is a Holly Oak that is native to the mediterranean region, but has been planted as ornamental in the US.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

pesaventoc

EZ Boardwalk Jr., homemade log arch ,1610D Yanmar

JDowns71

Thank You Sponsors!