First use of planing and sanding heads

Started by wkf94025, January 02, 2023, 11:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wkf94025

I bought my Lucas 7-23 in early 2020, including slabbing attachment, planing head and sanding head.  Just used the planing and sanding heads for the first time just before Christmas.  Kick ass!  Can't wait to dress more slabs.  We ran a couple redwood slabs, a couple white oak slabs, and a black walnut slab through the process.  Thanks Team Lucas!
Lucas 7-23 swing arm mill, DIY solar kilns (5k BF), Skidsteer T76 w/ log grapple, F350 Powerstroke CCSB 4x4, Big Tex 14LP and Diamond C LPX20 trailers, Stihl saws, Minimax CU300, various Powermatic, Laguna, Oneida, DeWalt, etc.  Focused on Doug Fir, Redwood, white and red oak, Claro walnut.

blackhawk

I've had my planing head for a few months now but haven't had a need to use it yet.  Glad to hear that it works well.  What depth of cut and width of pass did you use?  Type of wood?  Thanks
Lucas 7-23 with slabber. Nyle L53 kiln. Shopbot CNC 48x96

wkf94025

species in my first post.  
1/8" depth of cut
~4" wide pass
Lucas 7-23 swing arm mill, DIY solar kilns (5k BF), Skidsteer T76 w/ log grapple, F350 Powerstroke CCSB 4x4, Big Tex 14LP and Diamond C LPX20 trailers, Stihl saws, Minimax CU300, various Powermatic, Laguna, Oneida, DeWalt, etc.  Focused on Doug Fir, Redwood, white and red oak, Claro walnut.