iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Picked up my mill last weekend!

Started by Smakman, May 23, 2005, 06:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mometal77

Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Ianab

QuoteCan people build these cheaper than buying them?

If you had to go and buy all new parts from the shop, and valued your time out at $25 hr, then probably not.
If you have some angle iron, an engine, trailer axles and a stash of assorted treasure laying around, and have more time than cash.. then yes.

Several members have built their own mills, from kits, plans and their own ideas and reckon they have saved a heap of $$s. But I would say you have to be mechanically inclined to do it.

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Smakman

Well, got it home safe and sound.  Placed and leveled it today.  I am going in the morning to pick up some new blades and a few other odds and ends, and I plan on starting to get familiar with the machine tomorrow afternoon.....meaning make sawdust!
Cooks HD3238
Bobcat T320
Kioti 7320
Stihl 550i
Stihl 044

DanG

Allllrightey Smakman! 8) 8)

I don't suppose we can talk ya inta comin' to Sawlex instead of playin' with yer new mill, could we? ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

mometal77

Dan when i get my mill up and running its going to be like having my first playboy i cant wait.
bob
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

countrysaw

hi everyone, i figured i would come out of lurking around the forum to introduce myself to the world

Right now i am deployed in iraq so not much cutting here, but i have been doing research on building a new sawmill when i get home (circular) and i have found your forum to be a very good source of information :P as well as humor ;D

thanks

zach
Right now i am playing in the sandbox

redpowerd

great to have ya on here, thanks for keepin us safe!

take care over there
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Bibbyman

Welcome Zack.  Keep up the good work!

My son Chris was over there the first go-around.  But he didn't make it that far north!

Keep you're butt down and keep us posted.!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Haytrader

Welcome countrysaw,

Glad to have you here and thanks for your service to our country.
But where did you get that part about the humor?
We are all serious here.

;)
Haytrader

Norm

Good to have you here Zach. Thanks for your hard work, we all appreciate it. :)

ronwood

Zach,

Welcome to the forum. Best of luck and keep your self safe. Thanks

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

redpowerd

haytraders right about the humor part,
now if you want to see something really funny, youll have to go to the OTHER site :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Ernie

Welcome Zach, come on home and start makin sawdust.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

mometal77

tnlogger

welcome Zach and stay safe and hurry home :)
gene

Thank You Sponsors!