iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Frustration

Started by WH_Conley, February 15, 2006, 07:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH_Conley

Monday, started off bad, front wheel on tractor locked up, tore it down in a mudhole, planetary gears shreded, finally found them in stock, couldn't get by closing time.

Tuesday, had some running to do, got parts while I was out, no snapring in the COMPLETE kit ???, another forty miles to find one, they didn't have the thrust washer. Did order new WM sharpener and setter.

Wednesday, another forty miles to get thrust washer, got there and they didn't have it, this is after giving specs and confirming it was in stock. Guy that owned the place just stood there while I got a washer and a tape measure and showed the kid what ID and OD meant. Kind of po'ed me but the kid didn't know, didn't get on him too bad. Came home and made a washer, got tractor back togather, started to saw, dump truck pulled in. started bringing rock I ordered a week ago, no sawing but I needed the rock bad. Almost dark here comes the UPS truck, order from WM, wow just ordered it yesterday 8). Took over the living room, dark outside, started opening boxes, setter, stand, stand, NO SHARPENER. Counted boxes, 2 of 4, 3 of 4 and 4 of 4  :'( :'(. Oh well, guess it will be here tomorrow.

Sometimes I guess it's Monday all week.
Bill

CHARLIE

Geeeez.....that's a Monday I hope you can forget about. ::)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Ga_Boy

If we did not have days or weeks like that we could not truly appreciate the ones where we can do no wrong.   ;)

Sounds like you are do for a "do no wrong" kinda week.....

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Quartlow

Welcome to my world!!  :D :D Don't worry it will get better,,,sometime.   :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

WH_Conley

Went out this morning and started the mill up. Wouldn't move. Pulled the front panel off, %8#@* mouse built a nest and stripped wires, 2 hours later got started sawing.

Got the sharpener though. 8)
Bill

isawlogs

Sounds just like the day I had yesterday  ::)    I went out and checked over my Dodge before heading out to plow, tranny was a little low on fluid, top it off , rad was in need of some liquide too , helps if you want some heat . Leave home and start plowing a few driveways and head out to the sand pit and fill up the spreader . Do a few more driveways, the loy stick for the plow falls off the dash , It is normally screwed into the dash , Kinda hard to steer the truck hold the joystick in one hand and lift the stick with same  hand   ::) start up tha sander and spread some grits for traction go to the next one plow some and Start the sander but no sand is coming out the back  >:( >:( >:(  the chain off the motor that turns the electric clutch has fallen off  >:( I go and plow some more thinking that I could always come back and sand if needed  ::)  Put the plow down in the next drieway , backup and noticed a pinkish colored liquide line on the ground  :o :o  Was sure the tranny had sprung a leak  :o >:(  lift the plow and it wont come up , it had warn a pin hole at the pump hold down at the frame .
  Time to go home . Went around and found the part for the plow , fix it , put the joystick back with bolts this time .
   Put the chain back on the sander motor , it needs to be tightened up some , the motor is bolted to the back and the bolt holes are sloted ... not a problem , loosen them up , a little whack with the hammer to move the motor over  should do it , wright ....  :P  Wrong , well technickly it would of happenned that way had my hammer not hit my finger  ::) Anybody need a three pound hammer .. I have one here that has broken my fingers once too often .
  Motor is back in place , chain is nice and snug , joystick is in the dash , notor on pump is back on the plow ... and I am back to one finger typing , one finger is in a brace for a few weeks . 
   I did have a nice day today .  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sawguy21

Do I ineed to look for the hammer?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sprucebunny

Marcel, I think you should cut that hammer into little pieces ;D

I hope your finger heals quickly  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

isawlogs

At this time one might just be in need of snow shoes and  a metal detector to find said hammer ... As it is in two feet of snow, give or take 30 feet from my shop in the bush .  ;)

Joan ... At least it dont hurt as bad as ribs .  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

wiam

I threw a cheap pair of waterpump pliers way out in a field one day for a similar reason.  Most of you know the kind that do not stay in the groove when your knuckles are in between the handles when you are squeezing as hard as you can. :-X :'(

Will

sawguy21

I saw a pair of my waterpump pliers disappear that way. My buddy's dad told me he'd kick my butt if I went looking for them. I said"Why do you think they are here?" :D :D :D :D

Norm

Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that has taken an errant tool and thrown it as hard and as far as I can. At the same time neighbors for miles around look up and say what was that noise....oh it's old man Folkerts cussing over a tool again. :D

Engineer

There's a Stanley staple gun somewhere in a large pile of boulders at my house.   Jammed one too many times, I tossed it in the pile and then had an excavator add a few more rocks to the pile some weeks later.

WH_Conley

Anybody need a McCullough chain saw? Got one has been aging about 30 years in the of a deep cove.
Bill

sawguy21

Nope, but thanks for the offer.

Don P

Last time I saw my uneager beaver it was doing endo's down the mountain.
We were cleaning up today and Michell had the chisels in hand. I've been chopping out electric boxes in logs for 3 days and those things are sharp. The slick slipped out of its holster and bit her good on 3 fingers  :(.

Good news is the Dodge came back home this week, I had to back into town a couple of weeks ago after the big nut came off the rear driveshaft and the gears in the rear end locked up. People look kinda funny when they pull up on an old truck going the right way but facing the wrong direction  :D.

submarinesailor

The only problem I have is that when I let one of my tolls hurt me.  Is that I find later with the gravely lawn mower – screwdriver stuck hard in the side of the shed.  Glad it wasn't one of the sliding glass doors or a big window.

My day wasn't as bad as yours.  Had to go in to the office for a meeting on my day off, scheduled for 1:30 – 3:00 PM.  Finally got out of the meeting at 5:05 PM and immediately got into one of northern Virginia's famous 8 mile backups on I-66.  Took me 38 minutes to go 8 miles.  ON MY DAY OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce/subsailor

isawlogs

One readon for throwing hammer in the bush ...  ;D

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!