iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

thanks to this forum

Started by firewood, March 28, 2006, 06:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firewood

I have been reading this forum a long time but never participated because i don't have or want a sawmill and im not a logger but i live on 120 acres with several family members and have a little tractor that we use to get fire wood for ourselves and even some left over to sell. There was recently a discussion about a norwood multi-mate being mounted on a tractor as being a cheap way to skid logs and it caught my interest. I looked into it and discovered i could get an adaptor for my tractor and the skid plate for 600 dollars. My brother already has a warn winch we can mount to it so we are in business. We ordered it today and are very excited. Ther is lots of wood we couldn't reach but couldn't justify the cost of a farmi type winch for what we do. Never would of heard about this without this forum, you guys are great. :)

getoverit

Welcome to the forum firewood!

There is something for everyone here, and you are proof of it. Hope your new farmi winch and skidder turn out just as you had planned.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

tnlogger

firewood  welcome and stick around  :) there are a lot of real good info and freinds here  you'll fit right in  ;D
gene

Ed_K

AWW, now your hooked  :D. Welcome and good luck logging. Watch out you'll be looking at skidders next  8).
Ed K

sprucebunny

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, firewood  :)

I hope your new NORWOOD multi-mate works well for you. How 'bout some pics ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

snowman

Hi firewood, hope the multi-mate works out for you. Your right, 600 bucks to skid logs is CHEAP! I was considering one but it seemed a bit light for what i needed plus i got lucky and found a used fransgard for 1500. For your needs the mult- mate sounds perfect though and yes, when you get it up and going show us some pics. Hopefully your better with a computer than i am, i've tried to load a profile half a dozen times now,driving me crazy! Guess i better stick to chainsaws. :-\ One more thing firewood, BE CAREFUL, you must have some steep ground if you need the winch, don't get carried away out there, them little tractors are tippy canoes.

Coon

Well now,  I think he's already addicted don't you think so, guys????  ;D Just a couple more stops here on the forum and GUARANTEED HE"S HOOKED.  :o Just the way it is around here.  :D

Before we know it he'll be skidding saw logs before long. :D  He'll get the bug so bad that I only give him days before he skids some.  In a couple of months he'll be looking at mills of some kind.  The Forestry Forum just rubbs off that way.

Anyways welcome to the forum there firewood.  We've got a great bunch of people here.  They'll help you out in a heartbeat.  Ask questions, any of em.  We all have to start someplace.  Just remember one thing, we love pics.  smiley_devil smiley_paparazzi

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!