iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer price rollback!

Started by Bibbyman, May 09, 2003, 02:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

I see your point on the Supers.  As I said, our serious choice was going to be a standard HD with 36 gas.  If they had offered the 3ph electric in the standard HD, we probably would have went that way.  As it is,  Mary saws at a methodical pace - not really taxing the Super at all and its still hard for me to keep up.  Now with two helping, (one pulling slabs and boards and the other pulling flitches to run through the edger)  we each have a good bit of time.  I can see if we really used all the Super speed,  you could keep two people busy off bearing.  Sometime its just Mary sawing by herself or me sawing by myself so again,  you can't use all that speed and power. At least "Mom and Pop" can't.

But,  tell you what,  don't ever get use to running a Super and then go back home to the standard HD.  We've each sawn a couple of logs on a LT40HDD33 since we've got the Super.  The power was fine and everything else was the same as our Super - but the hydraulics and up/down and forward/reverse speeds are about half that of the Super.  You load a log and go "What's wrong with this thing?"  Well, nothing was wrong - it just ain't as fast.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

In looking at the new WM catalog that arived today along with the ISMW magazine,  I noted that they also rolled back the price on their edger,  straight line rip saw, molder and a few other things.
Sawing since '94

Furby

Hey Bibby,
 Did you happen to get a price on the lt15 with the 10hp 1 phase electric? Also do you know what that motor draws by way of power? Is it hard wired or can I just plug it in? ;)
Thanks

MM

I think the electric single phase LT15 is the same price as the 15hp gas. $5495.00. There may be a roll back on them too, I'm not sure. I can find out for you and post. You can put a pig tail on the mill if you wish. I would make sure it was a locking type.
M.L. Morrow
812/614-1825

Bibbyman

I think they throw in a box of blades on the LT15.

I thought I could go out to their order an LT15 on line and get the price of the electric model but it only listed it straight up - no options.

I know when we ordered our LT40HDE25,  the 25hp motor was something like $1,500 less than the 36 gas and something like $4,000 less than the 42 hp diesel.  I looked at the prices of the two-blade edger and the 15hp electric powered model was $450 less than the 25 Kohler engine.

Maybe you could call 1-800-553-0182 and just ask them?
Sawing since '94

Percy

Hey Kevin H.
Your situation is the same as mine was earlier this year. I bit the bullet and got the new mill. Now I got a sawmill payment again but so far it seems to be worth it. My old mill was fine but these new ones(Supers,LT70's) really cut. With the accuset(its a must) and some practise, the speed to the next cut is where these supers really shine. With the board dragback and an off bearer, you dont even shut off the blade while slicing up a cant, just zing zing zing. Its impressive and I still am not anywheres up to what this thing can do.  I did a mobile this weekend with my edger and mill. I charged an houly rate and just stood there and sawed while three off bearers and edger folks tried to keep up(lots of sweating). They were just stoked at the return they were getting for their houly $70.00. Im still not up to speed but when I am, Ill be able to up that rate by about $10 an hour. I cut 2 inch cedar for them and we were at 4300 bdft in 7hours.

I guess the point of my rant/bragg is, if you are able to swing it and have the work, you wont be sorry.......Good luck on your decision ;D ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Bibbyman

Only a few days left of the price rollback.  Did everyone get one that wanted one?
Sawing since '94

Furby

kentuckyboy

Kevin_H.

Nope,
Picking up a new bobcat the first of july, gonna have to wait on the mill.

Wow is it hard to type with a bandade on the tip of your finger!!
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Tom

Ok, Kevin.  Why do ya have a band-aid on the tip of your finger?

Jeff

I can tell ya why I haveone on the tip of MY pinky finger. ;D

Carpet Knife. Cedar planking. Trimming. Slipping. Bleeding. :-/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

I was picturing all kinds of "snapping" things.

What are you doing trimming cedar planking with carpet knife, Jeff. I thought your finesse' project was over with the closet. ???

Kevin_H.

Well Tom it went something like this:

You know how sometimes when you put a new chain on your saw.

Well sometimes when you get the cover back on

You sometimes you grab the new chain and give it a good spin to make sure you got it just right.

Well sometimes the chain dont move!

Not one of my better habits

I think I am going to glue it tomorrow when I get to work.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

OneWithWood

Jeff, if you don't start treating that hand any better you are  going to end up with just a stub!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

I'll have to take a picture of why I needed the carpet knife. Its to hard to 'splain.  

THis was da left hand, it was due fro an injury. :D

Tom

Ouch! I know how that is, Kevin.  I've gotten in the habit of pulling the chain from the top of the bar toward the tip so that I, at least, stay away from the points.  Sharp chain is unforgiving, isn't it?

Ok Jeff, what's your excuse. :D :D  

Jeff

I don't have an excuse. I have a reason though.  Here is where I was trimming with a knife around the carpet trim. Yes, I know what you are thinking. WHAT OLD WORLD CRAFTMANSHIP! WOWEE!

Remember, Roy Underhill bleeds every show... :D

Jeff

Furby

That's how they make RED cedar! ;D :D :D :D

biziedizie

Jeff can you change the channel on your tv? It seems that I've seen this show before. :D :D :D

Steve

Bibbyman

I wondered if this was going to happen because there was a disclamer on the Price Rollback flyer that it may be extended.

Seen this just awhile ago on the Wood-Mizer website home page..

Sawing since '94

Furby

DanG it! Now I'll have to buy a new one!  ;D :D :D :D

Kevin_H.

Oh man ! ! !

Will the temptation never end ! ! !

Thank You Sponsors!