iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

round n round they go

Started by bedway, January 02, 2009, 10:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedway

I dont know bout anyone else here but i really enjoy nascar. Theres roughly seven weeks till Datona, and that kinda makes me feel like springtime isnt far behind,,,,Go JR.

Maineloggerkid

Every year I wait till the Daytona 500. I love Nascar.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

sawguy21

AHHH, the stand on the gas and turn left crowd. :D Actually, I pitted for a stock car on local tracks in the 70's and had a blast. Probably $200 out of pocket at the end of the season which was no mean sum at the time but it was worth it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Frickman

Our season at the local NASCAR track starts in late March, and I can't wait. I wrench on a car or two there.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Tim L

I live near NH Motor speedway but have never gone to a race. I went to that track years ago when it was Bryer motorsport  and Billy's Exxon raced against Rays mobil and Laconia auto wrecking .That was entertainment. My wife and I watched CMT last night where they showed some Nascar drivers homes, holy crap! These guys live like rock stars .
Do the best you can and don't look back

olyman

as an ex drag racer--legally, and illegally---we called that toilet bowl racing around here----- ;D ;D

Dave Shepard

Quote from: olyman on January 13, 2009, 09:40:06 PM
as an ex drag racer--legally, and illegally---we called that toilet bowl racing around here----- ;D ;D

:D :D :D Just circling the drain?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

CLL

Spent 20 years in Alabama, so NASCAR was big. I learned over the years that in Alabama at least, if'n you didn't like stock cars or football, you was going to spend a lot of time alone. :D
I like the # 8 also love Jeff Burton as well as Mark Martin. Just didn't lilke Rusty Wallace, too much whining, wimpering, and it was always someone elses fault he lost.
Too much work-not enough pay.

CLL

Oh, by the way, as much as I like NASCAR, I like the ground pounders more. Nothing beats 5000 horsepower and 0-300 in 1320ft. I don't like bracket racing(done here mostly), never could understand why you beat a man fair and square, yet run 3 thousands under your bracket you LOSE, thats just not racing to me.
Too much work-not enough pay.

sawwood

The wife and me love nascar but she likes JR and i like Mark Martin. Biggest thing this year is in July i git to
drive one of them cars at the Jeff Gorden rasing events here in KC . Boy is that a ways off.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Maineloggerkid

I am planning on going to Dale Jarret's racing gig in Talledaga. Full speed around the track :)

When I get the money. I want enought to go like 30 laps. At Jarrets' you buy it per 10 laps.

cheyenne

I did the racecar bit at pocano a few times and it's the most fun you'll ever have with your cloths on.....Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

Maineloggerkid

Must be good then... I've had a lotta fun before ;)

Don_Papenburg

CLL  I have a friend in the StLouis area that used to race the local tracks into the late 70s  He used to race Whiny .  He told me that he always blamed everyone but himself for his losses.   This was before whiny Wallace got into Nascar How did he ever get that far without someone doting his eye?
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

easymoney

it has been that you had to inherit tickets to a lot of the nascar races as they stayed sold out for years ahead. but with the shape the economy is in i think there was a lot of empty seats at some of nascar tracks last year. i have raced at 1/4 mile dirt tracks in the 60s and again in the 90s there is few things that compare with the thrill of winning a close race. at my age now i am one that sets in the stands and brags about the races i ran in the good old days.

olyman

Quote from: CLL on January 14, 2009, 11:55:46 AM
Oh, by the way, as much as I like NASCAR, I like the ground pounders more. Nothing beats 5000 horsepower and 0-300 in 1320ft. I don't like bracket racing(done here mostly), never could understand why you beat a man fair and square, yet run 3 thousands under your bracket you LOSE, thats just not racing to me.
same here--going under my bracket???? no one is that good a guesser-----hot,cold,traction,heat of engine---uh huh---

Mooseherder

Bud Shootout starts the season Saturday night on Fox.  I think it is at 8pm. 8)
Turn left young man. ;D

Maineloggerkid

Ya, I was watching some Nascar shows last night. Can't wait for tonight.

gunman63

SwampDonkey

About the only excitement around here is tractor pulls and horse pulls. Even horse racing is pretty much non existent these days. Built a brand new horse race track a few years back and use it one single time a year. $$Millions wasted.  :-X
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

fat olde elf

I live about 12 miles south of Lowe's Motor Speedway(formerly Charlotte Motor Speedway) and about 29 miles from the Nascar Hall of Fame which is under construction. I have considered renting my upstairs bedrooms on race weekends... Nascar is a major employer here.......Many teams headquarted here.  However they are having sponsorship problems due to the economy.  I frequently drive HWY NC 3, which is dedicated to you know who.....
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Thank You Sponsors!