iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Christmas Contest

Started by Jeff, December 13, 2001, 02:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

This year I have been so busy I have forgotten to run a Christmas contest :-[  I really have not thought what I could do for a contest.

This year I think we should do something different.  What I am asking is that for forum members to nominate someone to win the contest prize based on how they have contributed to this forum. Be it information, humor, or just being friendly or whatever. It should not be based on the number of posts, or how long someone has been a member.  There may have been one post that touched you somehow. It may have helped you with a problem or even inspired you in some way.

I'm not going to list the nominees, or the reason you may include for the nomination. Please don't use a thread to nominate. Email me at jeff@forestryforum.com

The person with the most nominations will win. The person that gives the best reason for nominating this person will also win.

Merry Christmas
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

The winner gets to take a free ride on the dart board !  :D

Jeff

17 page views to 1 nomination so far. hmmm

And it wasnt Kevin. Kevin, where's your nominee?

woodmills1

the e-mail was a good idea it got me to nominate, i bet they come rolling in. :D :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Jeff

It did ? Good! But who the heck did you send it to? cause I didn't get it :)

Gordon

Ok Jeff I sent in an entry so if you don't get it please let me know. ;D

No matter who wins this thing I think every poster deserves an entry for all of the great information that is passed around this forum.

Merry Christmas to all
Gordon

RavioliKid

Jeff,

I loved your contest idea, but I just couldn't pick ONE person. Everyone has been so friendly and helpful.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone!

Kim
RavioliKid

Jeff

By landslide we have a winner!

Mr. Tom Cadenhead.

I know Tom is out of town and won't know he won till next week. The real challenge for me was picking the nominating person. Wow! You all gave great reasons.

I have picked DanG who by coincidence is also from Florida.
Dan, send me your mailing address so I can send you your contest prize. It will get there a little late to use this year. I have a commemorative ornament for you. There were 1500 made to commemorate the Tree of Hope project.

Tom willl receive an oil painting called "Butterflystop" painted by some unknown artist.

Gordon

Congrats to Tom it's well deserved.
Also congrats to Dan for the best letter.
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Merry Christmas to ALL
Gordon

DanG

WOW!
Thanks, Jeff.  I'll look forward to hanging that ornament on my New Year's tree.  I don't usually get around to putting one up for Christmas.  With 7 kids and 11 grandkids, it's all I can do to just keep the wolves from the door in December.  Once we toss all the loot out the window, we can relax and celebrate the coming of a new start. I think I'll decorate Miz DanG's favorite little magnolia this year.

I wish each and every one of the members of this forum a MERRY CHRISTMAS, and a blessed NEW YEAR!!!
Thanks to all of you for all the help you have offered in the short time I've been here.

DanG
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

BLUSH

I don't know what to say guys.  Thanks for the recognition.  I sure do enjoy all of you and feel guilty for being recognized for helping the forum when it is so much fun talking with the likes of you.  

It makes my day to see a 'new' sign and I can't wait to click on it and find out what pearl of wisdom you have offered.  This is such a great place.  I feel like I have walked into the General Store of a little town every time I load it up.  There are so many varied occupations and so many with like interest and so few (non-existent so far) who think they are God's Gift to the world and pontificate and personally opinionate (?) their wisdom on a "room full of underlings".

If I could go out and recruit only the people I would want to associate with, I couldn't do a better job than this group, which has assembled through like interests and favorable mores'.  It is made even more special by your exceptance of new people.  I was new once and made to feel welcome and it is a trait of the forum to welcome with open arms.  There really are no 'new' people and it's great to be where there are no strangers.  

As fast as this forum has grown, it's got to be pure luck that we have such a good group.  I am looking forward to it's doubling and doubling again if we continue to draw such good people.  What's the secret?  I don't know.  By the same token, I would vote to limit membership once we find all the "Good" folks.  Do you reckon there is only a limited number or do you know someone you would invite?

Thanks again from a Florida boy temporarily misplaced in Pa. for the wonderful recognition.  I'm going to go sit in a dark corner, enjoy it and ponder my deserving.

You've made my day....and my Christmas! ;D

allyson

Congratulations!!! Tom  8) 8) 8) 8)
And Happy Holidays!!!
Billy

Kevin

I want a recount of the votes from Flordia !  ;D

Tom

On-n-n-n-n-ne...................two-o-o-o-o-o-o-o................thuh-re-e-e-e-............uh....thure-e-e again.......uh nin-n-ne.....ten-n.......   uh just a minute, gotta take off my shoe

Jeff

OOPS....

I am sorry to say, instead of going to Florida, I will have to stay here and keep counting. I just had another real good one sent to me by some guy named "hanging chad"

Bibbyman

I didn't understand the ballot!  I know I voted for Gore!
I want to vote again!

8) 8) 8) 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

allyson

You guys just crack me up!!!!!!!!

Happy Holidays!!,  8) 8) 8)
Billy

DanG

Yeppers! Shoulda been Gore. After all, he invented the sawmill. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

allyson

ROFL Dan!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D

Happy Holidays,
Billy