iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please welcome Turbosawmill

Started by Jeff, February 04, 2015, 04:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZJake

Hi Fishinbill,

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. We do have areas we would like to improve. Freight delivery time is one of them. Working on ordering bulk mills now so we can reduce manufacture time to start with. Regarding you're join sag. Yes certainly, remove the 3 inserts oriented the correct way as they would sit in the beam. You can place a weld at the bottom perpendicular centre or place a board under each end and use a mullet to bend the centre down. This will crown your insert which will also crown your beam. I would start out with maybe 3mm crown and see how that goes.

We are keeping with the extruded beams your using with the Ultralight range (chainsaw mills). However significantly increased the strength of the beams supporting the Lightweight and commercial models.

We experience around 3mm sag with the standard length beam when the carriage is at the centre in full length un-joined configuration. I believe that is within our acceptable tolerance.

Would love pictures of your mill in use btw lol.

Wife says I woke up one morning half asleep uttering thin kerf and high production, I think I need a hobby other than milling?

drobertson

welcome turbo and thanks for the sponsorship,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

mad murdock

Welcome Turbosaw. I have drooled over the weekend warrior for a few years myself. Very cool "outside the box" design. Thanks for sponsoring the FF 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Okrafarmer

Y'all pray for me, I'm seriously looking into seeing what it would take to obtain one of these mills!
:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!