iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

i luv my 372

Started by tony_marks, November 17, 2004, 12:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony_marks

this is just a post to let u fellas who have been thinking about
 having your saw modified, know.. dan henry just reworked my 372 xp..[possibly just a little bragging mite be involved] nah
    i never thought an saw could pull an 20 inch bar thru a 40 inch dia.. hickory ,in that manner .. im like a kid with an new toy..
  ive gone from 7 pin to 8 pin sprocket, because dan said to.. i had my reservations, as to whether, i would really like the exstra chain speed versus the tradeoff in torque..im really into simple steady performance,, rather than just fast.. well the 8 pin stays on..
  dan i know u said the saw would handle .030 depth gauge setting,, but im using .025 .on a new lp chain..
   this is fast an smooth enuff.it ll sure save these old bones some time in cut..which translates into less hurtin, at days end..thanks dan ..couldn t have hoped for more..

:) :)

Bushwhacker

Tony, Feels good  when a saw or any tool for that matter does just what you expect it to,all right,or better yet does better than what you expected. Sounds like you have a keeper there. Good Luck
KLH

Bobcat_pa

Tony:
You like lp over the lg ?
bob

Bobcat_pa

Tony:
I should have mentioned that while waiting for Dan to send back my 346xp & 357xp,  I stopped at the local Husky dealer.  Picked up a 372xp and just liked the saw--bought it.    I only have a few tanks thu it, but really impressed with the 372xp.  It has great balance/feel with a 20" bar, good cutting power, and I do not even need to use the decompression value to start it.   And this is only out-of-the-box.        Dan just sent two boxes so I got a big weekend comming up !  
bob

tony_marks

hey bobcat.. no not over lg .. but dont think i lose anything with lp.. cant tell any difference.. if u have tried it ,were u able to see any performance difference between the two..nothern just didnt have any lg chains that were rite for my saw when i went in..
 also this was an husk . chain which were priced 3 bucks cheaper than the oregons..cant figure that ,as oregon makes them ,as i understand..
  in any case,, the saw results are with slitely tickled new chain.. it ll should be better now, as ive fine tuned the chain ..
  i use the roller guide and except for gullets i can usually make a chain a good bit faster after a couple of touch ups..that roller guide sure changed my ability in the sharpening dept.. i got this stigmatism that makes angles hard to get rite

tony_marks

the 372 stands as one of the best,, so congrats on getting a new one..later u can let dan put his touch to it..then report to us the difference. :) ..[ what was in the boxes..] or is that a secrete.lol
 today my mechanic took exception to my statement that
 i had what i thot were the best saws around this area..he was going to take my hundred bucks with his 028..
since the 028 is one o my favorite saws ,,i had to tellim,, mine was modified.. i remember thinking,, mine couldnt be beaten also..
 he does good work on my vehicles,, at a fair price..its hard to find a good repairman,, that u can have confidnce in.. so didnt want to take advantage,, an possibly mess a good thing up.. :D

Bobcat_pa

That was Dan returning my 346xp & 357xp;  two boxes.    But, they will both have to wait until next weekend for a workout.  Must get a few more things done before snow & cold weather.    

I do not see much cutting difference between the 72lg & 72lp.  But the lp does make the 357xp a little smoother on the front end.
bob

tony_marks

i guess u been having fun bobcat..  :)

tony_marks

i had to post ,,to give mr. hery credit.. i finally found the real potential of this 372..like nothin i ever seen.. put a new 8 pin in and new bar.. my old bar was having front sprocket problems..
 this fast saw thing is getting taken to different levels..
 but ,and ill demonstrate this to anybody..
 dan makes on heck of a fast work saw.
 i re uped this post because the man deserves the credit his work
 warrants.. u guys want an unbelievable work saw.. try him out.
 i still have a hard time believing that an work  saw can cut that
fast.. these are just my observations. but ill sho anybody that wants to visit me.. also i ll appreciate the company.
 hadnt heard from dan in a while.. dan ,believe in u work ,
ill have to see anybody beat it in work saws,, to believe it.
 ps dan

Avalancher

How do you get in touch with Dan? I have a 372 also, and have been considering a mod or two. Does he have a website or anything?

Bobcat_pa

Avalancher

give this a try:   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  

bob

Note from Jeff: Its against forum policy to post someone elses email address on the forum. The spam bots try and spider this site often to harvest email address's. If someone wants to put thier own email address out there for the spammers thats fine, but dont do it for them.

:)

bob;
 Could you send him a private message?
Thanks. Kevin.

dozerdan

Tony
 I have one here that will stomp your 372 but its my own person saw and its turned up to the point that durability starts to be an issue.
 You still owe me one beer. LOL
 Bob
 Did you get a chance to put anymore time on your PP346 and your PP357?
Call me sometime, I need some information and you are never around.
 Later
 Dan
Danny Henry
Central Pa.
Home of the Original Power Ported Saws
570 658 6232
dozerdan@sunlink.net or
dozerdan@nmax.net

tony_marks

yea dan ,,an im a waiting for u to come on dn an getthat beer..
 besides my saws bettern yours,, an u know it.. :D :D
 why .... cause its my saw. thats a given :)

Bobcat_pa

Jeff:
Sorry, did not know the policy, but will follow it in the future.  

Dan:  
I am going crazy to get out there with these two saws !
BUT,  end of year business demands, holidays, and cold weather preps,  are stealing all my R&R time.   I did get the oiler gear changed to 3/8 on the 357xp, and put on a new bar and chain.   From those few cuts I did with the 346xp, I am going to try  3/8 on it and use a 16" bar--it really has a lot more power now.      Having all 3/8 chain should make the sharpening work easier.    Will be in touch, hopefully soon.

bob      

Thank You Sponsors!