iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Advice sell or not?

Started by Skiddersally, June 04, 2014, 03:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skiddersally

I'm having trouble deciding to sell the old skidder or keep it. I've got and international S7C. Its been a good one but I've updated to a 540B and the international is just sitting. I only log as a side business and don't work every day. I want to sell it but then again I dont .I'm afraid that if it sets to long shes going to start leaking and stuff like that. What would some of you do?????

celliott

So you don't log full time but still have two cable skidders? Lucky  :)
If I didn't need it and wasn't using it, I would probably sell it.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

treeslayer2003

need at least two ol skidders ...............they go down

Corley5

Always good to have a back up  ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

thenorthman

While I'm almost positive I wouldn't sell mine, if your not emotionally attached to it, sell it, just sitting is never good for anything.  Maybe some other bright eyed dreamer will pick it up and do well with it.

P.S. I once said I'd never get rid of my ole 046 basket case saw... its living in Scotland now, hopefully creating just as big a mess as it did here.
well that didn't work

KyLogger

DO NOT SELL!!! (if you rely on the income from logging) My 440B (my only skidder) has a blown motor and production as well as my pocekt book are feeling the crunch. Heading to Jellico TN tomorrow to get a head and a parts machine.
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

Maine logger88

Quote from: treeslayer2003 on June 04, 2014, 05:05:46 PM
need at least two ol skidders ...............they go down
X2 on that having two has saved my butt several times
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Decked

My thoughts are...if it isn't COSTING you anything setting there,,keep it. Just force yourself to go start it up & run it around the  block every few days ;)
If you get real short on $$ someday, then sell it. But I know I wish I had one in the backyard.

coxy

I would not sell it  keep it  as soon as you sell it the other one going to brake down ;D I have 3 and 2 are broke  :-\ :) motor on one and tranny on the other

Thank You Sponsors!