iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lt-40 key switch

Started by jmouton, September 16, 2019, 08:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmouton

so apparently if you leave the key switch on auxiliary , and forget about it for a week,  the battery goes dead ,  who knew :D :D,, so when its in travel mode with the head down it is a pain in the butt to get to the battery you cant get the cover off cuz the triangle part that goes underneath the top rail protector wont come out ,  not the best design ,,,,,  i know  before any of you say should nt leave the key on to begin with ,  , i was in a hurry and forgot ,  hopefully i learned my lesson ,   :D :D

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

donbj

Ha, don't worry about it, it's still a good design. Been there done that! I looked at your age and said ahh, now I know why it happened.
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Dave Shepard

If you open the fuse box down near the battery box, you should find a hex shaped piece of steel in there that you can screw onto the lafthand solenoid lug to attach your jumper cable.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

terrifictimbersllc

You can charge it by putting a charger on the starter terminal big red wire post.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Chuck White

You can also charge or jump-start by hooking onto the positive wire (coming from the battery) on the alternator.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Quote from: jmouton on September 16, 2019, 08:49:34 PMit is a pain in the butt to get to the battery you cant get the cover off cuz the triangle part that goes underneath the top rail protector wont come out , not the best design
Actually I believe that it was designed that way to prevent/hinder the battery from being stolen.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!