iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1984 Husqvarna 61 hardwood manual ?

Started by shiggins, April 19, 2021, 10:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiggins

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong area. I was wondering if anyone has a link to download a manual for a 61 hardwood Husqvarna. Serial number starts with 1984. I'm looking at giving it some love. A mate gave it to me and it has been sitting for some time. The piston looks in good condition so I was thinking a carby kit and good clean up would be a good place to start. The on off switch is broken as well. Easy fix. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Like when buying a carby kit off eBay is there a risk of getting some cheap Chinese stuff that won't last or work well ?

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/36650/20210418_201436~1.jpg

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/36650/20210418_201430~1.jpg

mike_belben

just pull your carb and get the numbers off it.  its a super simple saw.  make sure your impulse hose is good.  the only funky thing is dual coils on those and the possibility of mixing up some wires.  several times ive had the spark plug wire not making contact at the base where its screwed literally to a little threaded post in the coil under the grommet. 

use loctite on the intake manifold threads as theyre quite small and often a little stripped.  a decompressor can be drill and tapped right into the top of the jug if you really want.  ive welded domes on those pistons and cut the bases down to give them some snot but the starter isnt really up to the task.  its sorta easy to break them.  keep the pawls lubed and the rewind area clean. 
Praise The Lord

shiggins

Hey Mike. I really appreciate the reply mate. I'll attach some photos of the carb. When you say impulse hose do you mean fuel line ? I can't see an impulse hose on this carb. 
Good advice on the recoil and I'll be carfull with the coil set up 

mike_belben

Nope i forgot.. These have a passage in the intake manifold.. No hose!  My bad
Praise The Lord

shiggins

Ahh yes I did notice that. Cheers mate. Would be good if someone had a pdf manual. I guess it's a bit old 

chet

Try this: file:///C:/Users/19063/Downloads/W9600001.pdf    Covers lots more than just your 61, but a lot more in depth than the standard user manual.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Real1shepherd

Try to get a real Tilotson kit....they're out there. Aftermarket kits used to be great, but now Asians suppliers are big players.

All the kits nowadays will generally offer a kind of diamond shaped carb-to-manifold gasket. This gasket will not fit completely over the impulse channel and give you all kinds of startup/run grief. Husky still sells the correct gasket, but I only know it for HS Tilly carbs.  

Kevin

tawilson

Here's a couple owners manuals and a parts manual.
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

Real1shepherd

Now that I see the IPL, it IS an HS Tilly....lol.

Get a real Tilly HS kit.

Kevin

chet

Not too long ago I actually had one that was totally missing that impulse hole. And it was a factory Tilly kit. Leather punch to the rescue, and we were in business.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

shiggins

Thanks heaps guys. Heaps of help. Will let you guys know how it goes. 

Real1shepherd

Quote from: chet on April 21, 2021, 10:15:29 AM
Not too long ago I actually had one that was totally missing that impulse hole. And it was a factory Tilly kit. Leather punch to the rescue, and we were in business.
Anything is possible....anything can happen. I've sometimes had the sealed kits missing a few parts that others sealed kits have.

Kevin

Thank You Sponsors!