Started by Vermonter, August 31, 2003, 05:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermonter

Forestry forum readers special invitation;
Mark your calendars now;
10:00am Sunday, September 14
Duxbury Country Store and Campground
Route 100, Duxbury, Vermont
$5 for lunch, pre-registration gets you entered into the drawing for the door prizes.  Email me at Andy@petersonmills.com or call 802.244.5904
Check out the latest news and upgrades from NZ, an ATS mill, a 10" WPF mill, and possibly a slabber..  
I will have saws set up for demos, so you can see and hear them in action.  
I will also do a tune-up session in the late afternoon for all you mill owners, as well as other interested parties.  Practice makes perfect lumber.
As part of our Field Days event on September 14th, Peterson owner Craig Blake of Norton MA will offer a presentation on the business end of the chainsaw, the bar and chain.  Discussed will be:
 General Chainsaw Safety
Chain dynamics, types and sharpening
 Bar types, tips and maintenance
 Chain Drive Systems
With a special focus on diagnosis and repair of cutting problems.  Bring your problem saw!!!

This is also a good chance to get together with other Peterson Mill owners , but you don't have to own one to attend.
Accomodations and Directions;
Duxbury Country Store and Campground;
RV parking, limited tent spaces, 802-244-7546.  They are 5 miles south of Waterbury, Vermont, and are the hosts for the Field Day.  Be sure to mention Peterson Sawmills when you call.
Grunberg Haus
One of the popular B&B spots in town.  802-244-7726.  Just about a mile away.
Best Western Waterbury/Stowe  802-244-7822. Not cheap, but very nice.  6 miles away on the north side of Waterbury.
From South and East: Exit 9 from I89, left at bottom of exit, right at T on Route 2 West.  About 4 miles, turn left on route 100 South before crossing the bridge into WaterburyWaterbury.  OR, take route 100 North from route 4 in Killington(near Rutland), stay on Route 100North through Waitsfield, about 15 miles from Waitsfield on the right.

Hope to see you there, call or email to pre-register.
New homestead

Thank You Sponsors!