iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

one tractor off to auction and one comes to life

Started by yukon cornelius, February 07, 2016, 11:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

Quote from: Dave Shepard on March 17, 2016, 04:00:11 PM
The rock shafts are under the gas tank. There will be hydraulic tubes on the right side running to the pump. No hydraulics, no rock shafts.

OK Dave, we have an a and a super a. The a did not have hydraulics. Just the hand powered lever which is still on it. The a was replaced by the super a.

I believe all the lift mechanism is still there.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

starmac

I was thinking it was the cub that equipment couldn't be used on the others and visa versus, but I was also thinking it was the pto turned the opposite way.
We had a b when I was growing up and a neighbor had 3 H's (so he didn't have to go through the chore of changeing equipment. I don't see how the equipment for cub or a would work on any of the others very well.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

timberlinetree

I was reading( well looking at pics) in a tractor book and it said the a sold brand new for $575 .
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

yukon cornelius

The A brought $1100 yesterday and the hoe didn't sell. Went to $1000 so I just decided to keep it. It would probably scrap for that and it is fully functional with 2 buckets. If God thinks I need to keep it I will listen.

Ox

Just a friendly word of advice, Yukon.  If you take the hoe off your machine will be rendered almost useless.  That's a lot of weight for counterbalance that's coming off, you know?  I did this with my old Oliver (once) and it would hardly get out of its own way.  It's possible to take it off, but loaded tires, wheel weights and a ballast box hanging off the back will need to be thought about.  Good luck!
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

never finished

Yukon I'm fixing to have to redo the steering on an old case back hoe. Did you use the power steering pump or tap in to the hyd system one the hoe ?   

yukon cornelius

Thanks Ox! I may just pull the how itself and leave all the mounting and outriggers on. I don't know what I will do yet. I have a few projects already that I can use it on so I shouldn't have tried to sell it.

Never finished,  this tractor used the tractor hydraulics to run the power steering and had no power steering pump. I have given some thought into a full hydraulic steering sector. I priced a few new ones for $3-400. Better than a $7-1100 steering box. Big boats, combines and other construction equipment have them.

never finished

I've thought about the steering sector route. Not sure this old, very old case is worth 3-400. I've owned it for 3 or 4 years and still haven't brought it home yet. It does start, run, and dig though. Just don't steer. The crazy thing has rack and pinion steering. The cheapest cylinder I can find for it is $550 Used. All I need it for is to have around the mill when I take the 555 ford to load logs or something.

pineywoods

It's real easy to get hung up thinking steering has to be via steering wheel.. rig up a small hydraulic cylinder on one of the steering rods, hoses to a regular double acting valve mounted left-right instead of fore/aft. Power off the tractor hydraulics.  Joy stick steering...Another option...Some of the later model small cars have power rack and pinion steering but it's all electric, no hydraulics. Pieces from one of them and a little red-neck engineering.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

yukon cornelius

Quote from: pineywoods on April 16, 2016, 01:21:45 PM
It's real easy to get hung up thinking steering has to be via steering wheel.. rig up a small hydraulic cylinder on one of the steering rods, hoses to a regular double acting valve mounted left-right instead of fore/aft. Power off the tractor hydraulics.  Joy stick steering...Another option...Some of the later model small cars have power rack and pinion steering but it's all electric, no hydraulics. Pieces from one of them and a little red-neck engineering.

Pineywoods, that is exactly how this backhoe is steered now. When the steering gear broke I hooked it up that way.

never finished

I'm pretty sure it's going to be stick steering.

Thank You Sponsors!