iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Small live edge coffee table project

Started by Downstream, March 06, 2019, 10:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Downstream

I just finished this small coffee table a few weeks ago and will be delivering to my customer tomorrow.  It is made out of elm.  I slabbed a couple random elm logs a few years ago without much hope they would turn into anything good.  I was just learning on my ezjr so I would saw anything I could get.  Fast forward a few years and I keep getting blown away with the beauty of the elm once I put finish on it.  It is fairly bland when unfinished but the grain/color pop once I add danish oil and waterlox.  Customers seem to love the warmth of the wood.  I'm excited to make more items with what I have.

EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

AZ_builder

hacknchop

Often wrong never indoubt

Ianab

Quote from: Downstream on March 06, 2019, 10:07:59 PMI'm excited to make more items with what I have.

I'd be looking around for some more random Elm logs too ;)

Sweet little table. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

cbla

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

AK Newbie

LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

Thank You Sponsors!