iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

flatbed crane

Started by redpowerd, May 06, 2004, 09:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redpowerd

ne1 got plans for an electrically operated pickup crane to work on a stake rack? id like to weld one up so i can use my stake pockets for a base, move it to each pocket, and have it stong enough to grab and throw a log or a tractor engine or tranny up on

thanks
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

J_T

Been thinking on this so hear goes I think the bracing you would need to move this device place to place would make it hard to do and be stout enough to hold up under load . Have had this same idia more than once.
Jim Holloway

ADfields

I would get a long I-beem and mount it high with a trolly on it like the septic tank trucks have.   Put a winch on your headboard and a snach block on the trolly. ;)   Hook your tongs on the near end of the log with a snach block so you have a double line from the trolly to log and a single from the trolly to the winch on the headbord.  It should lift the end to the trolly then drag the log and trolly abord all in one move. ;D
Andy

redpowerd

i dont think it can be done and keep the flatbed a flatbed.
think i may have to bolt/unbolt. im sure ill find that i wont want to be without it once i have it on there, they dont take up very much room anyway.

now im just looking for plans for a regular crane :-/
ifin i find one, ill post it here for future reference :)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Thank You Sponsors!