iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bolt source

Started by johncinquo, April 01, 2003, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncinquo

Anybody know where I can get a bolt from?  I need a stainless steel, 3/8 shaft and thread, with 24 thread.  Refered to as fine threaded.  Only about the last inch or so needs to be threaded.  I need it to be at least 5 1/4 long and can be up to 5 1/2.  I need two.  I have checked every hardware and auto parts store I can find.  I found some online, but I have to buy 1000 of them at a time, and that is just a little more than I need.  Any idears out there.  My next step is to find something longer, cut it off and run some threads myself but I fear that is going to eat up my cutters or my arm.  Thanks, JB
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

hydeoutman

This place is out of Chicago and you can normaly buy very small quantities.
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Bibbyman

I've known about these guys for years but hadn't ordered anything from them until last fall.  Called McMaster at 3:00pm and UPS delivered the critical parts the next day.  

I guess the timing was right and the wind was out of the right direction or something.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

johncinquo

Thanks guys!   I could not find what I needed in stainless, but they did have the bolts available in grade 8 steel so that will have to do.  Still better than anybody else could come up with.  Ordered 5 at $5.85 so not a bad deal, I will have to see what they get me for on shipping now as that is not available to see.  Sometimes I hate this net stuff and other times it flat out amazes me.  Cheers, JB
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Fla._Deadheader

If y'all would be online at a DECENT hour, like morning and evening I would have been glad to have gotten them and sent them to you. We got a LOT of Stainless stuff in Florida. I can't be checkin the forum every hour on the hour!!  :D :D :D :) :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

johncinquo

Don cha know thats how it would be.  Next time I'll wait until I go buying something new, when somebody here probably has a few laying around in there junk drawer.  Oh well they are on their way already.   My junk drawer and extra bolt/nut/screw/what the heck is that for? storage now takes up 2 old wooden whisky crates.  Not too easy to go find something, but sure helpful when you have to find something odd.  Unfortunately they werent in there.
If I change my mind and really insist on stainless, I'll get ahold of you guys down in gatorville.   JB
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Thank You Sponsors!