iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

black walnut lumber???

Started by sandsawmill14, March 30, 2015, 06:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

I was just trying to tone things down a bit.  A goat got a little jumpy. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on April 14, 2015, 09:26:09 PM
I was just trying to tone things down a bit.  A goat got a little jumpy.

smiley_curtain_peek
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SwampDonkey

Do they still brand goat ears? ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

hackberry jake

If you guys find a good market for walnut (or almost any other hardwood), let me know and ill haul you a couple thousand bf. Prices around here are super low. I havent asked, but I'd be willing to bet the mill down the road would sell it for under $1 a bf.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

I need to do the math for a road trip.  I sell 4/4 rough sawn at 1 1/8", kiln dried, and planed to 15/16" for $6.50 per BF for select grade.  Logs are very hard to get down here.  I sell a good bit of it.  A trip to Arkansas could be in order. 

If you don't mind, check to see what a couple of thousand bf of air dried stock might go for.   
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hackberry jake

The mill only sells "fresh off the saw". But I might know someone who could buy it and sticker it until you picked it up.

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

It would be best to haul the least amount of water.  Water is heavy.

Dave Shepard

Just haul the lumber to Jake's place. When he's got all of the water out, you can haul the lumber home. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

Maybe Jake could haul it home, sticker it, air dry it, kiln dry it, plane it, then sell it and send me the money.  That would save me a lot of trouble  ;D. 

hackberry jake

Quote from: WDH on April 16, 2015, 08:28:10 PM
Maybe Jake could haul it home, sticker it, air dry it, kiln dry it, plane it, then sell it and send me the money.  That would save me a lot of trouble  ;D.
There's the problem right there... Lumber sells for too cheap around here. I think there is another problem with that scheme, but I can't quite put my finger on it...  say_what

SwampDonkey

We have a similar problem, except our timber is undervalued by the timber barons. The lumber ain't cheap, but the same lumber hauled off 400 miles is cheaper elsewhere. Tell me how that math works. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!