iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Simple walnut/oak porch swing

Started by Downstream, August 01, 2019, 09:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Downstream

Knocked another project off the to do list.  Always wanted to make a live edge porch swing and finally built one last weekend.  I used some walnut slabs salvage from one of my early benches that looked good but was horribly uncomfortable.  This was done before I learned about ergonomically comfortable design specs.  I had some oak runners from a free pallet that I had taken apart for the decking boards.  I planed down the oak and then re-sawed it on band saw to make the supports.  dug chain and hardware out of one of my collecting totes so the total material cost was zero.  Turned out well and is very comfortable.  Now I can work on adding armrests and cup holders on next one.

EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

Old Greenhorn

Man I like that, nicely done! but...... it's not on the porch. :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

cbla

thecfarm

I could use that under my tree too!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jbjbuild

I like that design, I might have to make one like that. Good job using all reclaimed material!
Woodmizer LT35HD, John Deere 790, Logrite Cant Hook

Thank You Sponsors!