iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally took delivery of my mini excavator

Started by Patrick NC, October 23, 2021, 09:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick NC

I bought this mini excavator almost 2 months ago. It was a leased machine that the company I work for was trading in for a new one. 

2016 cat 305e. When it was turned in there was a track motor leaking hydraulic oil so CAT rebuilt both sides. It has 3200 hours on it and runs like a champ. I'm going to buy a hydraulic thumb and a root rake/ grapple for it. I've already got a couple of jobs lined up for it and it should be real handy around the mill also. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

GAB

Nice little back scratcher you got your self.
How deep can you inter riff raft with it?
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Patrick NC

It will dig 12 feet deep,  but really anything over 10 feet is digging in the blind
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

SawyerTed

With a thumb it will definitely be a handy machine. 

6' should be plenty deep for any riff raff

Just owning a mini excavator and a pistol is plenty of deterrence.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

barbender

So what is that, 5 metric tonnes so around 11,000 pounds? Nice machine!
Too many irons in the fire

Patrick NC

Yep. 11,200 as equipped.  Max lift is 5400lbs over the blade. 4000 over the side.

Patrick NC

Quote from: SawyerTed on October 23, 2021, 09:36:44 AM
With a thumb it will definitely be a handy machine.

6' should be plenty deep for any riff raff

Just owning a mini excavator and a pistol is plenty of deterrence.
6' is plenty,  but if you go 10 there's room for any other riff raff that might show up. Real estate is expensive.  

SawyerTed

I've got 300 acres, they will eventually get the message! :D :D
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Magicman

It appears that there is no overhang and it will turn inside of the tracks.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Ground penetrating radar can't see under log piles.  Just saying.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Resonator

Anytime you can know the previous owner of a machine, and how it was used and maintained your ahead of the game. smiley_thumbsup
If I ever own one someday, it would have a hydraulic thumb and a quick coupler for different buckets, (trenching, flat bottom for grading, ripper hook, etc.).
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Patrick NC

Quote from: Magicman on October 23, 2021, 09:45:42 PM
It appears that there is no overhang and I will turn inside of the tracks.  8)
Yep. Within a couple of inches anyways. Makes it pretty sweet working in tight spots.

newoodguy78

I ran one just like that only it had a cab , it was the cat's meow. Unbelievable what you can do with it incredibly versatile. Nice purchase 👍

customsawyer

You can also plant protected flowers over the riff raff to keep them from digging around in the area.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Lostinmn

Very nice addition!  With a thumb, these are so versatile. 

Jeff

Ya never know if you don't ask...

CAN I HAVE IT?? :D :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Patrick NC

I would say that I'd leave it to you in my will, but that might shorten my life expectancy some! ;D

Patrick NC

Quote from: Southside on October 23, 2021, 09:54:46 PM
Ground penetrating radar can't see under log piles.  Just saying.  
So layer of riff raff, layer of logs, riff raff,logs....

Bruno of NH

Nice buy 
Handier than a shirt with a pocket.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

hedgerow

Patrick   Nice buy. Its nice to buy one you know how it has been used. That's about the size I would like around my farms. I thought this was going to be the year I bought one and instead I bought a new Kubota MX-6000 tractor to up grade my spot spraying tractor. Maybe next year. 

snobdds

I have that same machine, in a 305C

I have no idea what the difference between the "E" and "C" are, but it's a great machine. I have done so much with it...

Patrick NC

Quote from: snobdds on October 25, 2021, 06:26:57 PM

I have no idea what the difference between the "E" and "C" are, but it's a great machine. I have done so much with it...
If I remember correctly the "C" has a Mitsubishi engine and the "E" has a Cat . Other than that and a few minor things,  basically the same machine. 

Southside

Quote from: Patrick NC on October 24, 2021, 03:52:43 PM
Quote from: Southside on October 23, 2021, 09:54:46 PM
Ground penetrating radar can't see under log piles.  Just saying.  
So layer of riff raff, layer of logs, riff raff,logs....
No, no, no, that will look suspicions.  Rif raff, dirt, logs on top of the ground, endangered flowers planted around the logs per Custom Sawyer.  Geesh - your first time?  :D
Then mail your wife a letter saying that you buried the riff raff under the vegetable garden and tell her not to plant it this year.  When 5-0 shows up they will rototill the garden for you looking for said riff raff saving you the time and effort.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

GAB

On the jokes thread some time ago there was one about a green horn badged individual who told a rancher his badge allowed him to go anywhere on his property he desired, and the elderly rancher told him not to go in a certain area.  Sure enough that is the area where he headed.  The rancher knew that his brahama bull would take care of this riff raff and as the story goes el toro did not disappoint the owner.
There are many ways to handle riff raff, and some do not require using any tools.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

snobdds

Quote from: Patrick NC on October 25, 2021, 07:54:52 PM
Quote from: snobdds on October 25, 2021, 06:26:57 PM

If I remember correctly the "C" has a Mitsubishi engine and the "E" has a Cat . Other than that and a few minor things,  basically the same machine.
You are correct, mine has the Mitsubishi engine.  It is one of the best starting and smoothest diesels I own. 

Thank You Sponsors!