iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Making something too... computer desk - literally

Started by Ianab, April 19, 2006, 09:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Yes, that's great work Ianab. I wonder why they don't use wood for case designs. Wouldn't it be cheaper and of course renewal? I've always wondered why they took away the paper grocery bag.  We've all been led astray by industry lobbyists. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Snag

Thanks for the pic with the lights out Ian.  Didnt you also make another computer that looked like a small wood cube or was that someone else?  That was cool too. 

Ianab

Well, after 15 years the computer desk has got an update. It had been sorta forgotten, and just used as a regular desk, with monitors and the usual crap on top of it.  My dual Xeon workstation wasn't going to fit in there. Anyway we had to dismantle "Mission Control" to get new carpet laid, and Lil asked if it still worked. 
"Probably, but it's an old P4, probably running XP still, but I could rebuild it if you want use it"

"OK, but it needs some more Bling"

As all the parts were standard stuff, a better power supply, new(ish) system board / CPU / RAM, a new SSD all drop right in. Then add some more LEDs and a glow in the dark CPU cooler.  :)  Most of the parts are recycled from old business computers that I get for free. It owes me maybe, $100, mostly for  the Bling.  :D

The small black box at the rear of the desk is a 3D printed mount that holds what's usually front USB ports. So USB and headphone jacks will be easily accessible. Power button can mount there too. 

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

samandothers

Very cool!  No computer desk here.  Just a lap top used on, you guessed it, a lap!

Thank You Sponsors!