iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sunsets

Started by metalspinner, December 01, 2021, 08:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalspinner

This time of year in Tennessee has some incredibly beautiful sunsets. 
This is a quick pic out the car window yesterday... 

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Nebraska

Nice one! This was earlier this evening.

Just the good Lord reminding me how fortunate and blessed I am. :)

Southside

Absolutely beautiful Nebraska. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Poquo

Sunset over the marsh, big building in background is on Langley Air Base.

2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

Roxie

So beautiful!  All of them!  
Say when

Texas Ranger

From a friend in Bend, Oregon.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

newoodguy78

That one looks like a painting. Definitely some gorgeous sunsets captured here. 

jimbarry

Back in June, off our front deck.

and again in August

Larry

The sunsets have been awesome almost every night here for the last month.  Last night I walked out on the deck and saw this one.

My camera was out in the shop and I knew I didn't have time to get it so I took the picture with my phone.  It was still a little past the prime.

Tonight I was prepared as we had the same sky conditions but it was just ho hum.  I would like to get an outstanding one and print it out for the wall.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Raider Bill

Last night over Bellaire Harbor

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

PoginyHill

I'm lucky enough to have a front porch view of the northern tip of Vermont's Green Mountains facing west. Provides some spectacular sunsets AND sunrises. Cold winter mornings provide the best sunrises.

Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

HemlockKing

Quote from: jimbarry on December 09, 2021, 02:34:13 PM
Back in June, off our front deck.

and again in August

Jim, we have a beautiful province don’t we?
Great photos
The sunset and hearing loons https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ENNzjy8QjU
A1

firefighter ontheside

I know this is the sunset thread, but I thought this sunrise thru the trees out my front door was neat this morning.  This only happens this time of year where theres a small space thru the trees to make the sun visible.  This morning it was a little hazy, so it really glowed.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

VB-Milling

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on January 10, 2022, 08:59:21 AM
I know this is the sunset thread, but I thought this sunrise thru the trees out my front door was neat this morning.  This only happens this time of year where theres a small space thru the trees to make the sun visible.  This morning it was a little hazy, so it really glowed.

At first glance, I thought either a tree was on fire or there was a utility pole with a transformer exploding in your yard! LOL
HM126

firefighter ontheside

It was kind of other worldly when I first saw it.  The camera didn't do it justice as to what it really looked like out there. 
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Larry

Sitting on the deck in January, sipping wine with a good friend, and watching the sun go down.  Life is good. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

Tom King

<brWe have a lot of them.

Tom King

Not a Sunset, but the Conjunction of Planets.  Rested it on the top of the car for the long exposure.
<b
r>

Tom King

Tom King

Larry

Great pictures Tom.

Yesterday I went to a class put on by a professional photographer.  We learned a lot about taking sunset and night pictures.  Talked about all night exposures taking star pictures.  Can't wait to get out camping on the Buffalo National River and try some ideas.

Of course I found out I probably need to buy a few more gadgets for my camera. :o

firefighter ontheside

It's not a great pic, but it was nice sitting outside on the deck last night, eating my pizza.  My son and his buddy were fishing in the pond, not catching.  My goats were grazing around the pond edges.  It was 65 deg. in MO in February.  Snow and ice are coming on Wednesday.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Tom King

Here's one I just stumbled across that I took one evening out clipping the pastures.

Larry

Walnut Beast

rusticretreater

Pretty nice.  I live in the valley of Virginia and have the Blue Ridge to the East and the Alleghenies to the West.  I get beautiful purple sunrises and orange sunsets.  But I don't have a reflecting pond.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

firefighter ontheside

My wife took this one this evening from our driveway.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Raider Bill

gaproperty

The morning sunrise always motivates me to head to the woods. I do a bit of small scale logging.  It's hard to make money at it but my equipment is paid for.   It is 5 in the morning and -17 c here in East Coast Canada.  Here is a picture of the sunset from my couch in East Coast Canada.  

Ray
lostcaper.com
youtube.com/c/LostCaper

firefighter ontheside

Wife took a new sunset pic out the backdoor of the house.  I like the way it is framed by the porch roof and railing.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ianab

We had an awesome sunset last night, but tonight was just weird.  Low overcast, but it all just went pink.  Basically there is a sunset up above the low murk we are in. 

Pictures from local webcams ( Sharing permitted as long as I give credit - https://primo.nz/info/primo-webcams )

This is the closest cam to us,  :D

Clearer skies overlooking New Plymouth (30 Mins North). This is looking East, but still good sunset. 

Bonus forestry points as there is a log ship loading. The orange blobs beside the wharf are piles of pine logs. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Magicman

OK, it's a Sunrise this morning before cranking up the sawmill:

It was cloudy this morning with one hole letting the sunshine pass through.

I zoomed in for a closer look.  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Walnut Beast

You better turn that picture over to the UFO data hotline 

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Ianab on March 24, 2022, 02:45:44 AM
We had an awesome sunset last night, but tonight was just weird.  Low overcast, but it all just went pink.  Basically there is a sunset up above the low murk we are in.

Pictures from local webcams ( Sharing permitted as long as I give credit - https://primo.nz/info/primo-webcams )

This is the closest cam to us,  :D

Clearer skies overlooking New Plymouth (30 Mins North). This is looking East, but still good sunset.

Bonus forestry points as there is a log ship loading. The orange blobs beside the wharf are piles of pine logs.
Definitely a bonus. Those look like some pretty big piles

firefighter ontheside

A couple of sunsets from our fishing trip in Ontario last week.  I didnt realize about the reflection until I pointed the camera and realized the perfection reflection on the water.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Dakota

Dave Rinker

Raider Bill

Indian Rocks Beach
432384863_10211675946291224_5799124582749933178_n - Copy.jpg

Thank You Sponsors!