iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fishing with the grandkids

Started by WV Sawmiller, July 09, 2022, 03:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

My daughter, SIL and their 5 y/o son and 3 y/o daughter came up from Charlotte NC for the weekend and wanted me to take the kids out in the boat and fish a little. We did that a couple hours yesterday and today we took the 3 y/o along with my son's 10 y/o and 14 y/o daughters.

This was on the way back. Weather was threatening rain and we just barely beat it to the landing.

My gd can get pretty full of herself at times but is a blast to spend time with and there is nothing better than time on the lake.

Yesterday with my wife helping gd. We were using 10' fiberglass crappie poles, floats 12" deep with a BB shot and a long shank #10 cricket hook for small bream.

Yesterday with grandson. I was running the foot controlled trolling motor from the bow of the boat and doing all the hook baiting and fish removal so I was pretty busy.

Pulling another monster into the boat for grandpa to remove and throw back.

WOW! What a fish!

I had to switch seats for a lake tour. We saw one young eagle. I'd never have made it without help steering the boat.

On our tour with grandma in front.

Today with her 14 y/o cousin helping. There was a big mayfly hatch out last night and we caught and kept a mess of small bluegills to eat.

Not big but tasty. Well big for a 3 y/o.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Walnut Beast

Looks like everybody had fun 🤩 👍

samandothers

Great family fun!  Thanks for taking me along.  Great memories for young and old alike!

WV Sawmiller

Here is another shot of this morning with the girls. Right behind Miss Bossy you can see where the New River comes down (UP?) from NC. To the right side just out of the screen the Bluestone River meets here and one mile behind me is the dam and just below it the Greenbrier River joins the New.

When I saw the Mayfly hatch I launched my boat and just ran the tolling motor to the first tree overhanging the lake and we fished there about an hour then went off for a brief tour till the rain set in. We never moved to another spot to fish.

I doubt the biggest bluegill in the bunch weighed half a pound but there is still a couple of good fish fries here. And these kind of bream put up a good fight on a small limber pole like the girls were using. They were fun to catch and I had a blast watching the girls. Everybody got hit in the back of the head with a flopping fish at least twice. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!