iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pruning for tractor cabs .

Started by Stephen Alford, August 04, 2022, 01:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Alford

In other threads damage to cabs from limbs has been mentioned .  I am a big believer in the full cab . Can not count the number of times I have been hurt , hungry , cold , hot , tired and that cab has been a blessing to get in .  I am not a fan of ladders/trees .  Anyway for what it's worth to anyone those extends aluminum poles work pretty good .  They have an odd square thread . For an adapter there is a paint roller with a wooden handle .  If that is inside a piece of metal tubing it works pretty good .  The only down side is my wife's deck umbrella has begun to shrink.

logon

thecfarm

The woods is fine for me. Just around mowing the grass is where the problems come in. Apple tree meets roof.  :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Hilltop366

And you already know this but I will put it out there.

Aluminum poles and power wires don't mix.... electricuted-smiley

I have a 16' aluminum pole from a swimming pool vac that I mount a saw to. I turned a mount that I bolted the blade to, the mount slides in and bolts to the pole.

I'm pretty safe at the camp as the power is a kilometre away, at home I have no trees around the wires.

Stephen Alford

Excellent reminder on the power lines Mr. Hilltop. That situation has become much more frequent in recent times. I like the angle on your blade. it would be nice to find one with teeth on both sides to facilitate the initial back cut .   I find the pike end very use full for hung up limbs and those limbs loaded with snow.   Not that its something I use every day but does help to keep things looking neat.

logon

Hilltop366

The blade is a cheap replacement blade that I got at Canadian Tire, It works good enough for the amount I use it, I did touch it up once with a small thin grinding wheel in a die grinder (free hand) it made it cut almost like new. A 3 or 4 strokes on a 2" fir branch a 4" or 5" maple is another story. 

Thank You Sponsors!