iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I am in need of " futon plans "

Started by isawlogs, January 02, 2006, 09:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

I have been looking for some futon plans on the net . My daughter would like me to build her one ... but I cant seem to find a set that I dont need to buy .  The plan itself is not really what I am looking for it is more the way that the couch folds into a bed . Or how it is done .
      If any know of any site that has this info I sure would appreciate .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

chet

Marcel,
Check your email in a few minutes. I'll send you a pic, if it is what yur looking for I can Email you the plan.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

Chet
  Thats exactly what she is looking for .  8) 8)

Marcel

chet

I'll email ya da plans latter tonight.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

isawlogs

Thanks ..  :P :P

Merçi beaucoup  :) :)

Marcel

Coon

Arky,  Can you share that email with the resty of us?  I have been looking for a set of plans for one for about two years......  Just can't find one that I am looking for......  Kinda picky... ;) ;)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Tom

What the heck is a Futon?

I now what a meci beau'coup is but haven't the slightest idea what a Futon is  :-\ :P

CHARLIE

Tom, it's a couch that doubles as a bed.  The back of the couch flops down and then guests can toss and turn on it all night.  They help keep the guest from overstaying their welcome.

Here's a couple of free Futon plans on this site

http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/resources/index.php?&cat=109&offset=40
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

Oh-h-h-h-h!     A fold-out.

I've had to try and sleep on those before.  :D

Danny_S

I need to build one of those for my camp as well, but mine will have a single bunk above it. I have been looking around a bit too for a good plan on how they fold, or where I can get the steel hardware for one.
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

OneWithWood

Be sure to have plenty of padding in the mattress tick.  We have two futons and I hate them both becuase sitting on them for any length of time is just downright uncomfortable and sleeping on one is not a pleasant experience!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

isawlogs

I've been lookiing for a while and could not come up with any that seemed to fit my daughters likings ..
  So , this is where I came to ask ... should of saved me a bunch of time and come here first .  :)

QuotePosted on: Today at 09:35:24Posted by: OneWithWood 
Insert Quote
Be sure to have plenty of padding in the mattress tick.  We have two futons and I hate them both becuase sitting on them for any length of time is just downright uncomfortable and sleeping on one is not a pleasant experience!

I have no plans on sleeping on it .. this is for my daughter . I got me a regular bed , with a regular mattress ;D

Marcel

Tom

QuoteI got me a regular bed , with a regular mattress

I just get so confused??

First it's Regular meaning coffee milkshake and then it's a funny name for a foldout bed and now, I'm almost afraid to ask.......    Does "regular" mean something special here??  :P   :-\    ;)

Murf

Quote from: Tom on January 03, 2006, 01:07:22 PM
  Does "regular" mean something special here??  :P   :-\    ;)

Nope, it's just got the regular meaning Tom ............  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

isawlogs

Tom , dont worry we aint playing with your mind , its a bed with mattress , just a regular mattress  ;D ;D

Chet , 
Thanks again for the plans , just what I was looking for .  8)

Marcel

Coon

After a search on the links given.....  I still could not find the futons. :( :( :D
Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

wesdor

My wife drug me to IKEA last week and we looked at Futons.  Decided not to buy one, but sure did get a lot of other stuff.  The one I saw that looked useable was under $200.  If you have an IKEA anywhere near, getting a close up look might give you some pointers on how they make it work.

Here is a link to the information at their site:

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10103&storeId=12&langId=-1&productId=21927

isawlogs

Thanks for the link wesdor ,
  But I got me a set of nice plans from Chet , all I need now is some time to put it together .  :) :)

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!