iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fun one day computer desk

Started by flip, July 06, 2007, 10:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flip

We needed a computer desk so I let her pick out the wood from the stash.  She liked the blue stained pine.  Started early in the AM and was done by evening (with the exception of the poly drying).  Simple as simple can be.

I'll post the bed from hades later...
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Sprucegum

8) wow  8) neat wood grain.

That left side is a function of the camera angle, right?  ;)

pigman

looks great. 8) I suppose those supports on the inside right are for the computer tower.

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

flip

WDH

I am confident that the wood is pleased to be put to such an up-standing use.  Those poor studs in the wall miss out on all the fun :D.  Good job, and FAST ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

flip

I generally use dowles or mortise and tennon to join stuff but I used long screws through the top and plugged the holes with dowels.  I used pocket screws to attach the back brace and the tower supports.  I love the Kreg master set! 8)

WDH

I love the Kreg system, too ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dodgy Loner

Looks great, flip!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who hears the word "defect" and thinks "character" ;).  That blue-stain sure gives the wood a distinctive appearance.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

flip

Character is about the only thing that sets apart any piece of furniture anymore.  All the junk comming out of the factories and China look like the same old same old.  I was told that when we go to build a house there will be NO flat sawn red oak in the house....anywhere.  So at least that leaves some options open. :)

ely

flip, tell your significant other i am throughly impressed that she even knew the term flat sawn, let alone to prefer another method to it. where does a guy find someone like that?

flip

Oh my, she's a fiesty one. She HATES oak, I don't know why and she gives no good reasons, but for my safety I will politely agree.

mike_van

Nice job Flip - Here I thought I was the only one that had "character pine" like that -  :D :D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

WDH

Hey, some people don't like oak.........You can use cherry :D.

SwampDonkey

If logistics wasn't a problem, I'd take it if she don't want it.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thedeeredude

I found a girl who doesn't like oak.  And I have her trained so good she can identify the woods in the Pa wood mobile.  It only took a year smiley_hollywood_cool  I'm putting ash floors in my future home. 

SwampDonkey

I was talking about the desk btw.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!