iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Propane Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 02, 2008, 03:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF

Was wondering what propane prices are looking like in the different areas? 

Burlkraft

I just paid $2.88 a gallon. That was the "Summer Discounted Price"  ::)  ::)  ::)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Larry

Dependent on your climate I think propane has priced it's self out of the market...for one reason only...greed. >:(  Our last house had a high efficiency heat pump with propane backup.  Propane hot water heater also.  House were building now is gonna be all electric with wood backup.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Norm

Funny you should ask, we got our contract in today and it's $2.07 a gallon prepaid.

I have to agree with Larry though. It's quickly pricing itself out of the market. We plan on using as much wood heat this winter as possible.

Kansas

Just got my contract offer. 2.14 prepay, or 2.19 if you put 50 cents a gallon down.

DR_Buck

I just paid over $4 gal at the fuel depot to get 3 small tanks filled for the grill.    Lowes is getting $22 for a 5 gal tank exchange.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

GF

I have noticed in my area numerous people putting new high effeciency wood stoves in that heat with propane, I think propane is definitly pricing itself out of business.  I used to heat with propane, after installing a high effeciency wood stove three years ago, I hardly use any propane at all, sure is nice to have the money in my pocket instead of someone elses.

Burlkraft

I was also notified that there would be no locked in price this year  >:(  >:(  >:(
Why not just 1 pain free day?

stonebroke

If you think propane has priced itself out of the market try fuel oil.

Stonebroke

bigblockyeti

I paid $12.42 after tax to have an empty 20lb bottle filled at Costco a month ago so at a 4.6 gallon volume, it was $2.70/gallon.  It keeps falling on the commodities market, now at $0.68/gallon, down 33% from this time last year but there's still a bunch of middlemen that need their pound of flesh before it's hooked up to the BBQ.

gspren

$1.75 Gal delivered to a big tank. I asked if they could fill 20-30 lb bottles while they were here and they said it's not legal, probably a tax difference if it's for home heating.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

Eastern U.P. Will be delivered by Dec 15th. 110 gal is $252.92 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dan R

$28.00 Canadian for a 20 pound BBQ tank filled yesterday. Not sure what that would compare to for price per gallon.
Dan

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

aigheadish

Wow! I usually feel like we find the highest priced suppliers for stuff but it sounds like we are in the average priced area right now. I think our last fill up was around 3 bucks a gallon, which I felt was much too expensive. I don't know the exact cost, my wife covers the propane bill. I know it's pricey to fill a 500 gallon tank.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Sedgehammer

Necessity is the engine of drive

gspren

I got my tank filled on Tues, $1.75 gal, and that was about 150 gallons into a 500 gallon tank. On the same day a farmer friend got propane from same truck/company for $1.68 gallon because he has a 1,000 gallon tank. We are both on automatic delivery and they charge by what size tank you have.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

aigheadish

Don't remember the bill exactly, from about a week ago, but it was like $880 for 285 gallons, or thereabouts. 3ish bucks a gallon. Too much!
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

garyfg

Nebraska

1.95  on a load earlier in the week.

mike dee

Bozeman Saw 26"x124"

brianJ

Quote from: gspren on January 12, 2023, 06:07:25 PM
I got my tank filled on Tues, $1.75 gal, and that was about 150 gallons into a 500 gallon tank. On the same day a farmer friend got propane from same truck/company for $1.68 gallon because he has a 1,000 gallon tank. We are both on automatic delivery and they charge by what size tank you have.
Actually this is a dumb question because the price depends so much on the volume you are buying and if you own the tank or it is a company tank.   For instance my 100 gallon company tank on automatic delivery was $3.75 a gallon last month.

Redmt

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Thank You Sponsors!