iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

648g skidder problem help please

Started by missouri_logger, March 11, 2012, 12:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missouri_logger

i have a 1997 648g john deere i have a problem it will kick into nuetral on the tranny out of no where just kick out of gear and coast and in ordere to get it back to where you have gears you got to shut the machine down and turn master switch off for few minutes and refire the machine and it will shift and work fine until it decides to kick into nuetral again i replaced the transmission pump on it and the filters and fluid still does it i need this fixed asap its driving me nuts please help any and all info needed

Bobus2003

The 648 at my brothers work was doin something similiar to this.. and it was an electrical problem.. With a Switch or relay on the tranny

kiko

Check the park brake relay(s). Also check the connection of the white wire( exctiter) on the starter. This wire powers when you activate the starter and is the ground to hold the park brake relay at all other times. It may be loose or need the wire end replaced.  The time this happened to me it took days and a wiring diagram to run it down.

JDeere

I agree with Bobus2003, it sounds like an electrical problem. If it is like the 540G, there are 2 relays that can go bad that are somehow tied to the transmission.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

missouri_logger

thanks for the info so far if anyone else has any info please tell me i need it fixed its a pain to shut it off and restar all the time

kiko

missouri_logger,  after a litle more thought a relay or wire problem should come with a park brake lock-up not a coast. Here are some other thing that may help out.  Trans pump suction line where it connects to the trans housing there is a suction screen, could be something floating in the sump and  getting sucked into this screen.  Does this kickout happen when the inching pedal is depressed? Also on the trans filter housing there is a overflow valve that would go into bypass detent for a stopped up filter or really cold oil. Since you have all ready changed the filter this overflow valve could be malfunctioning. (could be). Also on the side of the trans near where the input shaft goes in is a trans pressure sensor but I am not sure how this would affect the gear position.Here is where the trans pressure regulator is located. You might could get a gauge tapped in to trans pressure and see if it disappears when trans kicks into nuetral. Just ideas.

missouri_logger

i replaced the pump and suction hose and checked the screen the kickout can be when the machine is at full throttle or half or anywhere really and ill check the valve by the filter and as for the pressure to disapear when kicks into nuetral should lock the machine down and i just changed the pump but im going to look into the overflow valve any more ideas let me know thanks

beenthere

To better understand what you are saying, some periods at the ends of your thoughts, or at least a "return/enter" for separate lines for reading would be helpful.

If you want to be read....;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

missouri_logger

sorry guys im not the best at typing im just a logger  ;D

rdobb13

Any chance we found the solution to this.  Having the same problem.  Missouri_logger you still here? 

rdobb13

So it turns out I learned a good lesson on a torque converter model.  The de clutch switch by the shifter, does silly things while it's on.  All good now. 

Thank You Sponsors!