iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Left hand circular saw

Started by moosehunter, April 17, 2013, 02:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

Any one have experience with one or more brands? Many saws with the blade on the left are small blade cordless models. I am more interested in corded 7 1/4" saws. I only see a few available. It seems to me that it would be easier for a right handed person to use and see where the blade is.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Jay C. White Cloud

We use the small Skil saw 125 mm because we can see the line better for some of our mortise cut ins before we chain them out.  We like the saw.
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

Sprucegum

I have a lefthand saw at work. If you use it in your right hand it shoots the sawdust right at you  >:(  I find I prefer my old righty for most everything.

CBreak

You might like a worm drive saw, as it is much easier to see the blade. The trade off is that it can torque your right wrist quite a bit. It's not a problem if you hold it with both hands at start up. As is with all cutting tools it is nice to have variety and the right tool for the job at hand.
           CB

Larry

I have a Skill and a Borsch worm drive left blade saws.  Same saws except for color and the Borsch is a lot lighter due to magnesium parts.  Both are quality saws built to last your lifetime and be passed to the grand kids.  The disadvantage is the weight.  You can learn to live with it.  They might be a bit of overkill if you just need one for weekend use.  I have another cheapy, light weight saw to use for those awkward cuts.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

CBreak

Oh, I have a Black&Decker 6-1/2" , which is a very heavy duty and durable saw. I have used others such as a Skil of the same size,and some with larger blades for specific purpose. The one I own will cut full 2" @ 90 degrees and 1-11/16" @ 45 degree. Works for me, but it is a little heavy. There are direct drive models by different manufacturer. I think Skil has one with a 7-1/4" blade, a lot lighter with less wrist twist, kinda handy to have both left and right for some work.        CB

mikerat

Porter cable and Dewalt both make right hand and left and sidewinders in 7 1/4 or 8 so you don't have to buy a worm drive unless you really need one.

Mike
WM LT28 logrite 30,48,60 canthook, huskys and stihls, Logrite Buck Arch I have met the best people on this site!

Don_Papenburg

`I have the original PC left hand circular  saw that was a copy of the right hand one . it has an  exhaust header that can direct the dust right or left . I like it quite well .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

dolittle

I also have the Porter Cable with directional exhaust.  I don't use it very often any more but I would buy it again if needed.

Thank You Sponsors!