iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thee Forestry Forum

Started by Jeff, January 23, 2002, 01:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Look what woodweb is up to now.  I have never asked anyone to post our site over there before, but I think those folks that visit woodweb should know there is already a forestry forum.

http://www.woodweb.com/cgi-bin/forums/sawdry.pl?read=115630

Last night I received 9 emails, and one private message here pointing out this post.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

Jeff,
They still don`t have a custom calendar.

John_Boisselier

Why don't you politely point out to them that the forum already exists over here, and go ahead and suggest that they link over to here rather than set up a forum themselves?  Tell them that Quid pro Quo they're already using your calculators, why don't they use this forum. :)
The Woodsman

Frank_Pender

We will see what happens today.  I placed a little reminder.   How far I stepped in it, may take a little time to determine.  Yet, it may happen sooner than I think. :D :D
Frank Pender

HORSELOGGER

I just hate it when I am in the dark. What is the problem with another forestry forum over there?
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Don P

:)

I still say no on the shorts tho'

CHARLIE

There is no problem having another forum on forestry, but I think they have to call it something other than Forestry Forum since that name is already used here.  

I look at Woodweb as primarily a woodworking site for carpenters, cabinet makers, woodturners and such and there is a lot of experience and help from some pretty nice people on their forum in those fields.  I think they are just trying to reach out and be of help to a wider range of people.  

Woodweb was asking for opinions concerning their starting a forum on forestry, so I did give them my opinion and put a link to this forum.  I thought it nice that they were asking for opinions. I also think that it was just an oversight that they used the words Forestry Forum.  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bud Man

I bounce back n forth and find both informative. I guess you could teat for tat, but I say the more the merrier.  I've recently seen the same people  post identical topics on both forums and the responces have been somewhat different and somewhat the same.
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

JoeyLowe

It's kind of ironic, but I found this forum from a link on Woodweb several weeks ago.  I say that anyone who wishes to promote forestry should be given our good wishes.  Just make sure that credit is given where credit is due.
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

L. Wakefield

I just checked their forum- it's 'OK'- reminds me of gardenweb forum format-. Different strokes- I like ours (yours, Jeff)- a lot better. Someone over there said it was harder to use- well- it's got a lot more on it. They just have 1 thread so far. That gets very unwieldy once you get a lot of people and a lot of topics. I think yours is built to handle complexity and growth is well underway- which it has been a privilege to watch this grow. Keep on sawin'! ;D   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Papa Dave

You know I go over to woodweb and visit sometimes and they have some interesting stuff going on because I am into woodworking.

But this is home.  If they start another forum, I will stay here as long as Jeff lets us. ::)

Jeff

Home is where you lay your hat. Its where you can kick up your feet and put them on the coffee table.

When you come home you know you will be welcome.

Its fun to travel, you learn alot, and its always great to get back home.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!