iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Right, Left, or ??

Started by Magicman, April 16, 2017, 07:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I was watching my two year old Great-Granddaughter "writing" today and noticed that she was using her left hand.  Later while eating, she grabbed the fork with her left hand clearing demonstrating to me that she will probably be left-handed.

This made me curious.   ??? 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

GAB

What is there to be curious about?
The common theory is that the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and vice versa,
therefore the kid is right brained.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

WV Sawmiller

My left handed friends say everyone is born left handed until they commit their first sin. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Dave Shepard

I am definitely ambidextrous. I can write forwards or backwards (legibly) with either hand.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Andries

Me too.
. . . .  but nobody can read what I wrote.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Andries

Which hand did you use?
;D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

coxy

I eat, shot and right  right handed but bat a ball and swing a ax or large hammer with my left  ??? ??? my wife is also south pawed every thing left handed  :)

fishpharmer

Quote from: Andries on April 16, 2017, 08:40:36 PM
Me too.
. . . .  but nobody can read what I wrote.

Same here, equally illegible with both hands.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Dave Shepard

Quote from: Andries on April 16, 2017, 08:58:10 PM
Which hand did you use?
;D

I used both thumbs on my stooopid phone. :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I amphibious most of the time but I play golf right handed.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LeeB

Goats have hooves, not hands.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

sprucebunny

Sounds like goats are good swimmers, too :)

They actually made me stay back a grade in school because my handwriting was so terrible.
Didn't help  :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Roxie

I have two sons, and one is a lefty.  Two out of five grandchildren are lefties (one boy and one girl), one in each boys families.   
Say when

LeeB

My daughter is somewhat a lefty and somewhat ambidextrous. My nieces son is also. Good thing for him. Poor kid just found out he has cancer in his hand and will loose most of it.  :( He's a big time baseball player in school. Taking it all pretty hard.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

sandhills

Sorry to hear that Lee.  I'm right handed without a lick of ambidextrous in me, really hurts when wrenching or working in the shop  :-\.

sawguy21

We were all born left handed but only a few of us were smart enough to stay that way, That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D I remember having to use a fountain pen in school, I poked holes in the paper because I was pushing not dragging it and smudged the ink with the heel of my hand. What a pain. My dad liked it though, I could drive nails in a corner he couldn't reach.
It's a good thing I can hunt and peck on a keyboard, I can't write legibly to save my life. My first teacher was constantly on my case. My grand mother told me she was a lefty but a willow switch across the knuckles in school taught her to conform.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ljohnsaw

I'm right handed but I can hammer with either nearly equally as well.  My son is right handed but holds his pencil more like a lefty - hooking his wrist around and writing from the top.  Looks odd, can't get him to hold it like anyone else.  When he is not in a hurry, his printing is spectacular - but normally worse than mine! :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

grouch

The question presumes hands. Trees, goats and groundhogs may take offense.

(I have missed this place and its barky inhabitants!)
Find something to do that interests you.

goose63

This much I can say for sure my right hand hate's my left hand  >:( :o  :D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

samandothers

Lee sorry to hear about your neices son.

I am right handed but dad was always on me to learn to hammer and swing an axe both ways.  My left Andes brother taught me how to tie a neck tie, so that is how I do it.  I do have a daughter left handed and a son right handed.  It is a rough life for lefties!

sawguy21

I had a tough time in the military, I shot a rifle right handed but hand gun left. I have weak vision in my left eye which didn't help either. Drove the pistol range officer nuts, I couldn't operate the safety with my thumb so either switched hands or reached over with my right hand. My training period was short. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

trapper

Am right handed but shoot left handed because no right eye.  also bat a ball left handed.  Every thing else right handed.  Also no debth perception.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Corley5

I'm right handed but left eye dominant.  It's confusing  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Babylon519

I write with my left.

Almost everything else I can do with either hand - some a little better with the left, some a little better with the right. Whenever I played tennis or other racquet sport, I psyched out my opponent by running for a ball I couldn't catch and then switch hands with the paddle and scoop in for the return volley. It was always funny seeing their expression change from 'gotcha' to 'OMG'.

My step-dad said the sure test of handedness is the toilet paper test. I'll just lob that one out there, and leave it at that!  :D
Jason
1960 IH B-275 - same vintage as me!
1960 Circle Sawmill 42"
Stihl MS440 & a half-dozen other saws...

Thank You Sponsors!