iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Small alligator in the pond.

Started by Mooseherder, November 09, 2021, 09:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

WV Sawmiller

I'm betting that was at your "Mainly Fl" address and not New York. :D

They are fun to watch but when real small they are on the menu of every decent sized predator out the including large fish, birds, snakes, coons, etc. Thanks for posting.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

Ya know, small gators grow up to become big gators.  Didn't you ever see the movie Lake Placid?  BTW - the guy who wrote that script got his inspiration from a camp not too far away from your other place, Black Lake, over in Ft Kent.  Back in the day I got a chance to visit it and was told about the screen play, it was years later when I spotted the movie in a rental place and had to watch it.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Mooseherder

That's funny because I was born in Ft. Kent. We may have camped at a lake called big black lake about 38 years ago closer to Allagash?  It was shallow with a grassy bottom.  I'm not sure now.  I went to Fort Kent 5 or 6 times this summer.  :)

Southside

That's a different Black Lake. This is the one off South Pearly Brook Road. Gary Dumond brought me there and told me about the book shortly after he bought the camp, mid to late '90s.
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

customsawyer

That's all that is left of the Fl. Gators after GA. Bulldawgs whupped them in Gainsville. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

HemlockKing

Glad I live in the boreal Forrest. No rattlers, copperheads, gators, poisonous things. Just got black bear and coyote to worry about lol 
A1

mike_belben

I dunno dude you got enough ticks to carry you off and dispose of the body!
Praise The Lord

HemlockKing

Quote from: mike_belben on November 10, 2021, 03:22:39 PM
I dunno dude you got enough ticks to carry you off and dispose of the body!
They are really bad around may to July, haven't seen one since mid July though, before that though, every blade of grass had dog ticks, only seen one deer tick this year. That photo where I had like 20 on my rubber boot was something though 
A1

K-Guy

Quote from: HemlockKing on November 10, 2021, 03:26:06 PMhaven't seen one since mid July though

They pretty bad around Bangor, ME right now, why don't visit and take some home? ;D

I wouldn't mind if Maine had rattlers ( I grew up in rattler country, Alberta) because it would mean a lot less humidity and I hate that.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Mooseherder

It's still here and unafraid.  Usually they have moved on but not this one.  Sunning today with a couple of turtles.   One turtle slipped into the pond as I got closer.  

turtles hanging out with gator while sunning. - YouTube

Raider Bill

About a week ago a lady was driving home from her job as a bartender late at night around the corner from my house.
She hit something, slammed on her brakes, got out, looked under the car at a 11 ft gator snarling at her, trapped.

Neighbor said her screams woke them up. electricuted-smiley
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Southside

Momma needs a new pair of boots!  :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!