iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

rebuild a tourque convertor on buy new

Started by Mountaynman, May 22, 2017, 06:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mountaynman

had some rising temps with the hot weather last week on my buggy just wondering if anyone has ever rebuilt a tourque convertor on skidder or wheel loader should be the same as the buggy 4 speed powershift tranny with 6068t engine

gonna change temp sender first clean radiators and go from there but at 22,000 hrs wondering about convertor
Semi Retired too old and fat to wade thru waist deep snow hand choppin anymore

Spartan

What makes you think its the converter?

sorry don't know what a buggy is.  Is it a Deere powershift or a Clark?  I just rebuilt a Clark transmission converter.

BargeMonkey

I love this forum because alot of times when I ask a question by the end of the day I've got 4-5 texts from diff guys who have the answers, the average guy doesn't realize how small the logging community is sometimes. He probably shook his head when you called him last night, he is swamped with work and hates forestry iron 😂 I hate telling him but having a paid mechanic a couple days a week has saved us money and frustration. We are getting alot of yellow iron parts from the green tractor dealer up the road from you now,

Mountaynman

sorry bub my woods buggy is a 546 fabtek this company was started by a bunch of JD engineers that left because they wanted to build purpose built forestry iron not convert dirt equipment. but they used deere componets 1200 series front axle, 6068t engine touque converter with 4 spd powershift tranny.

think the convertor might be the problem because at the end of winter machine felt a little loogy long uphill pull freighted heavy but gd trail. Then lately started to heat up on trans sensor some still in diagnostic mode any ideas welcome

tks in advance happy loggin boys

Gearbox

Have you checked for air leak in the suction for the charge pump . It takes very little air to cause heat . If you start cold in the winter will it move right away or do you have to wait for the converter pres. to come up . If the conv. pres. is slow to come up that may be air in suction line .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Mountaynman

she will move fine cold just under heavy load seems like its getting sluggish just had someone tell me to try a different oil see if that makes a difference gonna clean coolers in the rain tmr gotta go when the sun is shining been too long with no income

what are some of you fellas with the fabteks and cats running for oil had a fresh filter last fall

Mountaynman

new development still haven't changed temp sender yet but today while loading the first load temp climbed to 210 only moved a hundred yards then while running uphill steady for 1/2 mile stayed steady unloaded turned around temp was at 150 and stayed that way for the rest of the day 4 more loads not running in mud on a gravel farm road maybe some crap was stuck in thermostat not letting oil circulate to cooler or maybe the fluxcapacitor fixed itself stumped on this one no real change in power but on an uphill pull freighted heavy 15 ton or more

nativewolf

22k hours...good for any iron I'd think.  So that's a forwarder? 

Is Fabtek still independent?

Liking Walnut

snowstorm

if   it was a clark trans temp range is 200 to 250

Mountaynman

pulled tracks off to buggy out a farm road yesterday ran hard all day 10 loads on an uphill pull machine ran great right at about 160 up to 180 at then end of the pull maybe it was just the mud and the tracks on the uphill pull not really sure

Thank You Sponsors!