iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Never heard of this.....have Y'all done it?

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 24, 2015, 09:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I've got nothing to do with this.  Whats a yupper?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

21incher

I thought all lumber hauled 50 miles from its origin or across state lines had to have a certificate that it was kiln dried, or chemically treated to kill bugs that may be hitch hiking along.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

justallan1

That's a cross between a yuppie and a yuper. ;D

Tom L

sorry, yoooper

from the dictionary,

"fully crazed northern Michigan people who wear funny hats"

Jeff

Quote from: 21incher on March 25, 2015, 02:58:20 PM
I thought all lumber hauled 50 miles from its origin or across state lines had to have a certificate that it was kiln dried, or chemically treated to kill bugs that may be hitch hiking along.  :)

That may be in New York, I would have no idea, but it definitely is not so here in Michigan.

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Southside

Actually since you guys mentioned it there could be a gypsy moth quarantine issue here.  Not really sure what the regs with lumber with no bark would be.  I know to send logs from here to there I would have a few hoops to jump through.   
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

21incher

Quote from: Jeff on March 25, 2015, 03:33:23 PM
Quote from: 21incher on March 25, 2015, 02:58:20 PM

That may be in New York, I would have no idea, but it definitely is not so here in Michigan.

The NY DEC site says that the USDA APHIS controls interstate firewood, log, and sawn lumber movement, but it only seems to control hardwoods. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Look....this guy lives in Columbia S.C. He has land in Michigan.
He has a friend in Columbia that is felling Pines on his farm in Columbia and giving him ALL the Pine and some Red Oak.

He could not find a band mill close to Columbia to saw his lumber. He found me through the Woodmizer website.

I do not know the size of his cabin. My customers can haul their lumber anyway they want to.....just as long as they pick it up, pay and get it out of the way.

I do not get into the laws from state to state about transporting lumber.....I run a sawmill.
My off bearer is a Highway Patrolman. He does not care where the lumber goes and does not know or enforce these laws.

So this is how it stands.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

We would send out 20-30,000 board feet a day of green hardwood, and none of our deliveries were within even 100 miles. We didn't haul to other states however as all our markets were in Michigan.

Ocklawahaboy

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 25, 2015, 05:47:40 PM
Look....this guy lives in Columbia S.C. He has land in Michigan.
He has a friend in Columbia that is felling Pines on his farm in Columbia and giving him ALL the Pine and some Red Oak.

He could not find a band mill close to Columbia to saw his lumber. He found me through the Woodmizer website.

I do not know the size of his cabin. My customers can haul their lumber anyway they want to.....just as long as they pick it up, pay and get it out of the way.

I do not get into the laws from state to state about transporting lumber.....I run a sawmill.
My off bearer is a Highway Patrolman. He does not care where the lumber goes and does not know or enforce these laws.

So this is how it stands.
Yes, I apparently started something with my joke about the school safety patrol. 
I agree with you.  You cut it, they lug it. 

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

4x4American

I do it on the regular.  Almost to a T.  Gooseneck trailer, no fenders, stickered lumber, going from South Carolina New York State to Michigan New York State.

Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

Look....    So this is how it stands.
Welcome to "Saws-um-and-Leaves-um".   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

landscraper

He found me through the Woodmizer website.

So is what you are sawying that -

First they call to talk about the job and you jaw with them
Then they show up with their logs and you saw on them
When you're done with their boards there's not a flaw in them.
If it comes to what he does with the wood you don't quote the law to them
And if anyone asks anymore questions about it that'll be the last straw for them?

Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

submarinesailor

I have taken a load of sawed and sticker poplar from Virginia to New Mexico.  One of the things we did, thinking of the air flow, we cut the size of the stickers in half.  This really cut the size of the stack down.  But with him needing the stickers in Michigan, I don't know if you can do it or not.

red oaks lumber

his buddy cut the logs in columbia? was his name jaun :)
my feeling is the lumber won't air dry much on the trip, most air flow needs to go cross ways on the bundles to carry the water out,since the bundles will be end ways on the trailer no worries plus you cant dry pine to fast,even if it came from columbia ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

redprospector

I used to have a customer in Phoenix, AZ that wanted it the same way. Sticker stacked on his trailer. He would come when I told him it was ready, and I would load stickered bundles of mostly Ponderosa Pine 1x12's with the tractor. I never saw him tarp it, and I have no idea how it turned out for him. But he did come back several times.  ;D
Phoenix is about 550 miles from me.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ocklawahaboy on March 25, 2015, 06:55:34 PM

Yes, I apparently started something with my joke about the school safety patrol. 

See me after class.  :D

Ocklawahaboy

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 25, 2015, 08:26:03 PM

You going to take me out behind Jakes woodshed? 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ocklawahaboy on March 25, 2015, 08:55:53 PM

No....I'm gonna band your wrist and put a tarp over you.  :D :D :D :D :D :D

submarinesailor

You going to take me out behind Jakes Jeff's woodshed?

Ocklawahaboy

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 25, 2015, 09:21:52 PM

No....I'm gonna band your wrist and put a tarp over you.  :D :D :D :D :D :D
As long as you band my wrist and not anything else.

Thank You Sponsors!