iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

About time

Started by Peter Drouin, June 16, 2020, 07:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

The cat junk is going away. To a new life to rob someone ells of $$$$$$$.

Now we have a new to me 1044 lull.

Will lift 10,000 lb 54' in the air. Now back to work. Crazy busy. smiley_wavy Hi all.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Oliver05262

Nice looking machine, Peter. I have done some work on an 844, and it was an easy machine to work on. Abele Equipment in Albany has been great to work with, too. The parts guy has been good about e-mailing me a parts breakdown when I did the brakes on it.
Oliver
 Does yours have a John Deere engine in it?
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

WV Sawmiller

I can see it now - 10 years from somebody is going the be admiring his buddy's old Cat and the buddy is going to say "Yep, best bargain I ever bought. Cranks every time no matter what kind of weather and its a real workhorse. The best thing is I haven't spent one dime on repairs on it since I bought it."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruno of NH

Glad to see you got yourself another heavy lifter. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Dave Shepard

I REALLY like the horizontal transfer on those Lulls. Get your forks lined up on the lumber stacks and shoot them straight in.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

Not so busy can't take that hot rod for a ride?  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

nativewolf

Smart move!  Watch the hydraulic oils, much easier to fix though and no cat premium on parts.  There is a reason so many Lulls on the work sites.
Liking Walnut

TimGA

Happy for ya Pete. Hard to get your head straight when things like that happen, glad to hear your busy.
   I know you work by yourself most of the time be safe.
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

caveman

That dog will hunt.  
Caveman

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Oliver05262 on June 16, 2020, 07:48:19 PM
Nice looking machine, Peter. I have done some work on an 844, and it was an easy machine to work on. Abele Equipment in Albany has been great to work with, too. The parts guy has been good about e-mailing me a parts breakdown when I did the brakes on it.
Oliver
Does yours have a John Deere engine in it?

Yes, John deere. Can you give a ph# for Abele Equipment?

Quote from: thecfarm on June 16, 2020, 09:10:44 PM
Not so busy can't take that hot rod for a ride?  :D

I did go out tonight. Had a lady friend fix me to supper at her place.   digin_2
She likes the hotrod

Quote from: Dave Shepard on June 16, 2020, 08:40:19 PM
I REALLY like the horizontal transfer on those Lulls. Get your forks lined up on the lumber stacks and shoot them straight in.

Yes, It reminds me of when I was a Bricklayer, That lull is what we had then.

Quote from: TimGA on June 16, 2020, 09:24:50 PM
Happy for ya Pete. Hard to get your head straight when things like that happen, glad to hear your busy.
  I know you work by yourself most of the time be safe.
I had to get help, Have 2 part-time bricklayers  :D They like sawing lumber. Not as hard a work as to laying brick - block or rocks. ;)

Quote from: nativewolf on June 16, 2020, 09:23:01 PM
Smart move!  Watch the hydraulic oils, much easier to fix though and no cat premium on parts.  There is a reason so many Lulls on the work sites.

I'm going to Milton-cat to bring back the $2,000 I have in extra parts.

Quote from: Bruno of NH on June 16, 2020, 08:12:20 PM
Glad to see you got yourself another heavy lifter.

With long timbers is what you have to have to move them,

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on June 16, 2020, 07:52:08 PM
  I can see it now - 10 years from somebody is going the be admiring his buddy's old Cat and the buddy is going to say "Yep, best bargain I ever bought. Cranks every time no matter what kind of weather and its a real workhorse. The best thing is I haven't spent one dime on repairs on it since I bought it."

That would be nice. smiley_thumbsup 

A&P saw Mill LLC.

barbender

Nice machine, Peter👍 I admire your gumption, you take the punches and keep on a rollin'👍
Too many irons in the fire

A-z farmer

Very nice lull Peter 
Abele tractor & equipment 
518-438-4444
Parts fax 518-459-5861
I went to school with Jeff in parts but he might be retired by now 

Walnut Beast

Hope your new machine works out better👍. How many hours were on that CAT

YellowHammer

That's a nice machine.  I've run a bunch of Lull's, they are very well built.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

moodnacreek

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on June 16, 2020, 07:52:08 PM
Never happen, to much hydraulics.

PAmizerman

Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

78NHTFY

Yankee resourcefulness--knew you wouldn't be without a "lifter" for long 8)!  Check out Youtuber Andrew Camarata: has a similar machine--All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

luap

Quote from: 78NHTFY on June 18, 2020, 12:59:17 PM
Yankee resourcefulness--knew you wouldn't be without a "lifter" for long 8)!  Check out Youtuber Andrew Camarata: has a similar machine--All the best, Rob.
X2 on Camarata, especially on how not to remove and reinstall the main boom lift cylinders. 

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Walnut Beast on June 17, 2020, 07:34:11 AM
Hope your new machine works out better👍. How many hours were on that CAT

When I got the cat it had 4000 hrs. Down the road, it had 5200
With fixing the thing and paying for it I have $50,000.00 + in it. So I got to use the junk for 1200 hrs.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :rifle:

Quote from: A-z farmer on June 17, 2020, 06:11:58 AM
Very nice lull Peter
Abele tractor & equipment
518-438-4444
Parts fax 518-459-5861
I went to school with Jeff in parts but he might be retired by now

Thanks
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Walnut Beast

Well Peter. I agree you definitely should not have had the problems you did with the hrs on that unit. Hopefully you got a good one now 👍. Nice looking hot rod👍. A guys got to have some fun

Peter Drouin

Milton-cat first wanted $10,500.00 to fix it. Ok I said. And spent more $$$ sent it down to them. Then I got a call when they had it apart. $35,000.00 to fix it. 
I ask will I get a 5 or 6000 hrs out of it after. 
No, they said. We only back our work till it backs out the door. When the thing gets outside your on your own.[ not what they said but what they ment]
How about a trade for a newer one? No, they did not want it.  Only wanted to sell me a $100,000.00 one. see they only keep their stuff for  4 or 5 years then goes to an auction.
If you spend a lot of $$$$ with them your ok. If not they won't give you the time of day. I think it was a repo. When I called looking for one the salesman called and we went to a job-site to look at it. 

I had them pick it up bring it there shop and do a full serves on it . 
$$$$ more called me and said your good to go. [big lie.]
 I will never deal with them again. And I tell EVERYONE If you want to keep your $$$  and get a good machine to stay away from Milton-cat

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Oliver05262

Sorry that I didn't reply sooner.
Abele Tractor and Equipment.  Everett Road   Albany, NY
518 438 4444. abeletractor.com
They used to be a Lull dealer and still give service on them and they can source parts.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Oliver05262 on June 20, 2020, 09:42:03 AM
Sorry that I didn't reply sooner.
Abele Tractor and Equipment.  Everett Road   Albany, NY
518 438 4444. abeletractor.com
They used to be a Lull dealer and still give service on them and they can source parts.

All is good, thanks for the info. How are things with you?? 
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!