iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

limbing diagrams

Started by husky 89, November 03, 2015, 11:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

husky 89

Hey guys, Ive been reading through some of the felling diagrams and have found them very helpful. Im looking to find some pictures or videos of proper limbing techniques but haven't found much. Im interested in the best way to remove large damaged or unwanted limbs saftly from a standing tree.
      I consider myself a begginer and am mostly wanting material to study up on and learn from people who actually know what there doing. Sorry for my writing style my phone isnt to great. Thanks for taking the time to read.

beenthere

I assume you are pruning limbs.. for better quality wood in the future.

Using a mechanical saw or chainsaw on a pole?

Either way, it is a better to make a cut underneath about 1-2" out from the collar, then make a top cut to drop the limb. Then go back to clean up with one through cut.  This will then be a cut that the tree can heal over much easier.

This link may help.
http://www.todayshomeowner.com/how-to-trim-large-tree-branches/

Not a thing wrong with your writing style...  :)

Click your forum name and you will go to where you can update your profile with your location. Help to respond to your questions.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

husky 89

Thanks for the great link friend. I currently run an older 20 inch poulan pro chainsaw until I get my husky finished up. Probably should have a 16-18 inch bar but its what came on it. Main reason for removal is safety. There are several here that need to be taken down. I wanted to learn the way to release the pressure so it doesn't snap off and swing around or cause injury/damage in any way. I'm in central eastern Ohio, having trouble actually editing my profile I'm on the moble version also. Thanks for your time.

beenthere

Just don't do the ladder climb and cut limbs off while on the ladder. Very bad things often happen when the limb swings to the ground.. knocking the ladder over, or breaking the ladder, and leaving the person with the chainsaw ..... somewhere.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

husky 89

Thank You Sponsors!