iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidders and hills.

Started by MJD, October 21, 2012, 11:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redprospector

I just read the thread. What a tragic loss.
There appears to be a world of difference between Maine, and New Mexico. Back em up again' a tree boy's!
Carry on guy's, I'll try to find a thread where I think I know what I'm talking about.

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Ianab

Skidding up or down a hill totally depends where you are. Locally you might find one property where the high ground is flat open pasture, and the trees are on hillsides sloping down to steep or swampy bottoms. Only way to harvest is to winch them up the slope to the flat / dry ground.

5 miles up the road, and the hills are steep, with no flats on top, but with nice pasture river flats at the bottom. So you can harvest the trees, and they pretty much fall to the flats by themselves, or with minimal winching.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Okrafarmer

Just so you know, in Maine, if you log from the bottom of the hill in the warm part of the year, you will be up to your muffler in mud as often as not.  :-\
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!