iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

$ rates around the country

Started by zombie woods, January 30, 2013, 09:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie woods

Here in south florida $50  per hr + blades is fairly standard , I suspect its based on regional cost of living to some extent so in so cal it must even higher .

Jeff

A quick search of the forum using the forum search link in the menu will bring up this FAQ.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

zombie woods

I get no joy from search box
whats the prosedgure ?

Rates must be creeping up nation wide
a coupple years ago I was ok with 40 bucks per hr .

Inflation is real
In 2013 100 bucks will barely fill up one of those plastic hand carrys at the grocery store 3 years ago you would need a buggy for $100 worth .

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Zombie.....you can get a WEALTH of joy from the search box. There's a lot of stuff in there worth reading.

Your question about milling prices has been discussed 100's of times. There is enough info from the search box to answer your question.

Just type in a few words of what you want to know in the search box and "click" search. That's the procedure.

Have a good day!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

OlJarhead

OK am I daft?  I searched 'rates' as well as 'prices' and 'milling prices' and I couldn't find anything except this thread.
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

OlJarhead

Yes I am DAFT! lol

I guess I hit search INSIDE this thread.  I now see different results.  DOH!

Chuck White

There is quite a bit of info here!

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,62058.msg914683.html#msg914683

The above thread was found by searching: How much do you charge.

Also check "sawmilling fees".
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: OlJarhead on January 30, 2013, 02:35:28 PM
Yes I am DAFT! lol

I guess I hit search INSIDE this thread.  I now see different results.  DOH!

You're killing me JarHead.  :D  :D :D  I've done the same thing.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

OlJarhead

1woodguy

I have did it to! Wondered why sometimes I had no results when I knew I had found some using same words in the past :)
Experience is a rough teacher first you get the test later comes the lesson!

drobertson

Not long ago, someone wanted to know what the prices were in a local area, and maybe make contact with the his local sawyers, and it was mentioned not to  post this kind of thread.   In any case,  I have always felt that anyone sawing should know the cost in their area, and then make a decision based on supply and demand in his area, and if this fits his profit margin, go for it, otherwise, saw ties and flooring and pick up the jobs that can be picked up when they come.  Making the most while keeping custormers coming back.   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!